Confirmed with Link: Signature 2017 event: Stanley Cup 125th Tribute

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
We must be one of very few teams with the same exact reebok template as like 2008 or whenever reebok took over I forget the year.

It was 2007-08, the teams that have not changed home and away jerseys since Reebok took over are -

Boston
Calgary
Chicago
Colorado (changed shoulder patch)
Columbus (changed shoulder patch)
Detroit
New Jersey
New York Rangers
Ottawa
Pittsburgh (new home & away next season though)
Vancouver
Washington

So 12/29 (not counting Winnipeg), will be 11/29 after Pittsburgh's switch.

Considering Ottawa's lack of success (1 playoff series win in 9 seasons and 4 playoff misses) wearing these hideous jerseys, I see absolutely no reason to keep them around.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
The gala on the first night and the tribute concert at the Ctc would be the biggest draws.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Only Ottawa, Washington & Pittsburgh had that unique (fugly) pattern strip under the arms...:rant:

Thank God for the Heritage jersey’s! :yo:

It was 2007-08, the teams that have not changed home and away jerseys since Reebok took over are -

Boston
Calgary
Chicago
Colorado (changed shoulder patch)
Columbus (changed shoulder patch)
Detroit
New Jersey
New York Rangers
Ottawa
Pittsburgh
(new home & away next season though)
Vancouver
Washington

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
What's the word on an outdoor game in Ottawa in 2017? I had heard Euge was pushing for the Hill as a venue. They could make the flame center ice.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
What's the word on an outdoor game in Ottawa in 2017? I had heard Euge was pushing for the Hill as a venue. They could make the flame center ice.

If the flame was centre ice, the rink would extend halfway across Wellington street, wouldn't it?

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Not if the rink was east-west

I was thinking East-West. Half-way across Wellington is an exagerration, but it would extend out over the gate then, wouldn't it? The flame isn't very far from the street.

Anyway I checked using gmaps, guess it wouldn't quite. Would be a little more than halfway to the gate.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I was thinking East-West. Half-way across Wellington is an exagerration, but it would extend out over the gate then, wouldn't it? The flame isn't very far from the street.

Anyway I checked using gmaps, guess it wouldn't quite. Would be a little more than halfway to the gate.

I can envision a rink and stands on the Hill, but a thousand porta-poties and poutine trucks - not so sure there is room.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
They should do an alumni game that is a reinactment of hockey 125 years ago with sticks/skates/sweaters all made to spec.

When I say alumni, I don't mean those same players who played 125 years ago since a bunch of corpses playing hockey would be boring. I mean like Rarely Bonk.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
... I mean like Rarely Bonk.
freak-out-face.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad