Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasPlekanec

Apr 17, 2004
Québec
2forsbergaura1 said:
ok, just out of curiousity...how many more gms do u need? maybe i can get u a few...

Man just calm down.. We will set a date when we will have enough GM.. And yes you get Tampa. Now register over at the forum and find Assistants! ;)

As for Malakian, you already have an assistant for the Kings, and I don't see why you would change because It's a Fantasy Draft, so teams doesn't really matter.

TomasPlekanec

Apr 17, 2004
Québec
2forsbergaura1 said:
i was reading the rules on your site...its not very clear. the stuff about the cap is strange...so every team will have a different salary cap or the same 55 mill?
also, how exactly will we sign players? if we have to negotiate, how can you guarantee that the negotiations will be fair? one person negotiating with each gm just doesnt seem very fair...one person might think highly of a player while another person might not like the player at all...so u might want to make me pay 10 mill for jagr while i'll say he's only worth 5 mill... :teach:

You will have to sign EVERY single player to a contract after the draft.. And this contract should be similar to the one he has in the real NHL. You'll decide how many years his contract is for, how many cash you wanna give him, incentives etc.. You may want to argue your case by giving stats, info, etc.. The player agent will be fair with everyone, and there's no way in hell Jagr will get say 10 millions.. We know how to be fair..

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
ok, negotiating contracts sounds like fun but who is to say what is fair? your opinion of fair may not be same as my opinion of fair. i'm in two other leagues so i better not get into this one too...too much uncertainty. so take me off TAMPA BAY,thanks

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
TomasPlekanec said:
You will have to sign EVERY single player to a contract after the draft.. And this contract should be similar to the one he has in the real NHL. You'll decide how many years his contract is for, how many cash you wanna give him, incentives etc.. You may want to argue your case by giving stats, info, etc.. The player agent will be fair with everyone, and there's no way in hell Jagr will get say 10 millions.. We know how to be fair..

Why can't we just use their real NHL salary? Make it simple.

StanleyCH25

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
I sort of agree with using NHL salaries as their actual salaries. One person's opinion of fair value is never the same as another. Hell, the NHL itself can't agree on this so how are we "fantasy GMs" to agree on this. Just use the nhlpa.com website to determine contracts. That's what I suggest.

Jon Burke

OK, let's settle a few things here. Sorry for not consulting you first, TomasPlekanec, but I'll just post my ideas to run them by you guys.

IMO, we should scrap the individual caps for certain teams. To me, it seems a little silly if we're doing a fantasy draft. If we weren't it would make some sense, but it doesn't really in a fantasy draft. I propose a $45M cap, which is reasonable, IMO.

And I kinda agree that we should just go with standard salaries picked up from nhlpa.com. It saves me a lot of work and keeps it more simple for everyone. People would still have to negotiate contracts with free agents, so it's not like I'd be completely out of a job either.

I've been asked about whether or not we should include plus/minus and PIMs in the keeper league stats, and I'm a little mixed on it. They aren't vital stats, but at the same time, a guy who's good defensively or an enforcer who can score and fight are more valuable than Joe Schmoe in the real NHL so they probably should be in our league too. I really don't know what to say on this one.

And to further clarify how the fantasy draft will work, the time limit is going to be quite short, say maybe 6 hours. You might think this impossible, but that's why you should hire assistant GMs and be sure that you have a guy in mind with your pick. That's a word of warning for you guys...

Let's see is there anything else to address... Not that I can think of... My email is [email protected] if you want to add my to your MSN list or whatever, or PM me or just post here. Whatever. I'm a fairly easy guy to get a hold of, IMO.

Jon Burke

Pensaholic said:
rinkrat13 will partake in a GM role with me for this fantasy league.

Sorry, don't quite get what you mean here. Is he your assistant, or are you his assistant?

Jon Burke

rinkrat13 said:
I'm his assistant... :D

I guess we'll see if you're as good at picking players in a fantasy draft as you are at ripping people off in trades... ;)

Good to have you aboard.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Danrik said:
I guess we'll see if you're as good at picking players in a fantasy draft as you are at ripping people off in trades... ;)

Good to have you aboard.

Thanks...
... IMO I think I pick as good (if not better) then I wheel & deal! :D

this should be interesting - I feel we have a great management team in place with Pensaholic and myself plus whoever we find to round out the team.

do we have any idea when the draft will take place?

Jon Burke

I don't know for sure when this will start, but it won't start until we get all thirty GMs, which probably isn't for a while.

StanleyCH25

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Add SensGod as AGM to Florida

Looks like we've got our team together. Now get the rest of the teams on board and we can get this league rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->