Sidney's ranking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
9.5A or 10B. Depends on how much the league opens up and who ends up in Pittsburg by the beginning of the season.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
EroCaps said:

Surely he will be rated higher than AO....and he is a 9A. Cant let a russian be ranked higher than the next NA great one can we?

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
jcorb58 said:
Surely he will be rated higher than AO....and he is a 9A. Cant let a russian be ranked higher than the next NA great one can we?

Hey, you answered your own question.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'd give him a 10B. To quote the "HF Player Projection Rankings"

10 - Generational talent -- a player for the ages, one who can do things with a puck that no other player would even contemplate doing. Very, very few players will be deserving of this rating, probably one per decade. Think Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Bobby Orr, maybe Sidney Crosby, but we'll see.

B - Should reach potential, could drop 1 rating - likely to reach potential, but may have a hole or two in his game that will keep him from reaching his full potential. The potential rating is multiplied by 90 percent, which indicates slightly less certainty about a player’s future performance.
I think the hole is the new rule and stuff. Have to see how things pan out.

KariyaIsGod*

Take Ovechkin's rating and add a point...

He's a better prospect than AO even at a younger age...

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
DrMoses said:
Take Ovechkin's rating and add a point...

He's a better prospect than AO even at a younger age...
I think that's certainly debateable. Despite the hype, Alex is an extremely good prospect and if he's not Sidney's equal, he's darn close. Let's face it, if Alex were north american he'd have been more hyped. After all Spezza recieved significantly more hype than Kovalchuk did until about 1 month before the draft when it became clear Ilya would go 1st. I'm with McKenzie on this one, that the gap between Crosby and Ovechkin is very small.

JayRice66

Jul 31, 2005
Wheeling, WV
10B, he definately has a much larger upside than Ovechkin. People can say they are close all they want. And right now, they may be. Crosby will only get better. The same goes for Ovechkin.

CoupeStanley

Dec 1, 2003
Nicolet
coupestanley.com
Surely a 10. I would say 10B.

Anyway, Pittsburgh should hurry up in their ranking, I doubt he gonna stay a prospect for long. He will be a graduated fast enough.

I think it's damn close between him and Ovechkin. It's like Gretzky and Lemieux all over again. The flashy horse or the astonishing hockey sense.

JayRice66

Jul 31, 2005
Wheeling, WV
Ive always been interested in hockey. Ive always been a fan. And I can't remember the last time I saw so many great prospects. The future of the NHL is definately going to be revealed in full force over the next few seasons.

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
Crosby's gotta be a 10A. At worst a 10B. I'm not saying he's "guaranteed" of anything- no one is.

But I don't understand people saying he should be given a 9. If Crosby isn't worth a 10, then you might as well set the highest standard at 9, because no one would ever get a 10.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
I think he should get a 10 C.

He's done just about everything could ask of a prospect, thus the 10 rating. He has a chance to be one of the all-time greats. However, he could also become "just" a first line centerman.

I think 10 C is fair.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
PecaFan said:
I personally think 8A or B

Please explain this one. Tell the world what you have seen in his game that leads you to believe he will top out as a Patrick Elias type forward with a chance of dropping to the second line.

I can't wait to hear specific examples of what you have witnessed that formed your opinion.

JayRice66

Jul 31, 2005
Wheeling, WV
I know i'm not a scout, and I have nothing to do with the NHL besides being a fan. But I don't see Crosby being anything less that a top 5 player in the league. The guy has skill that previous draft picks could only dream of. I'd say he will be a Joe Sakic type player before his carreer is over. I believe he will be slightly more productive than sakic.

CoupeStanley

Dec 1, 2003
Nicolet
coupestanley.com
JayRice66 said:
I know i'm not a scout, and I have nothing to do with the NHL besides being a fan. But I don't see Crosby being anything less that a top 5 player in the league. The guy has skill that previous draft picks could only dream of. I'd say he will be a Joe Sakic type player before his carreer is over. I believe he will be slightly more productive than sakic.

As good as Sakic is, he has the potential to be a notch above

Edit : Can't beleive I wasted my 900th post, on something not positive about Joe.

JayRice66

Jul 31, 2005
Wheeling, WV
CoupeStanley said:
As good as Sakic is, he has the potential to be a notch above

Edit : Can't beleive I wasted my 900th post, on something not positive about Joe.

LOL, I agree. And it wasn't a waste. At least your talking positive about Sid. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->