Sidney on Leno: Bust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad*

I think he'll still be a decent NHL player. However, he'll struggle in the Maytag Hockey League.

ResidentAlien*

Mark Fisch said:
I guess none of you actually read his CSB scouting profile?

Strong lower body...hard to knock off puck...Unable to hit open dryer from six feet away on national television...anticipates the play extremely well...controls the play in both ends...

Pittsburgh knew about this problem well before, and it almost caused them to look at buying bigger dryers.
:biglaugh:
That was good

I am Jack's Fish

Le Golie said:
Is that really a good solution though? Why don't they just ask him to work on it. Bigger dryers would just be a band-aid.

Well, they did have a mandatory reduction in the size of the laundry loads...

But I guess this means that the Penguins equipment manager wont be asking Sid to shoot bars of soap into the machines anytime soon.

But getting serious, it wasnt like the puck was on a favorable shooting surface to aid in the shot. (ok, seriousness off...hoping I didnt create a whole new topic on his inability to hit the opening due to the bad shooting surface)

And it would have been classic had a puck hit Schneider...

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
Mark Fisch said:
And it would have been classic had a puck hit Schneider...
I think everyone in the audience would have stood up and cheered.

damoose212001

Jan 16, 2005
Pittsburgh
Reveille! said:
Kid can't even score in a non-moving, non-covered dryer.

How in the world will he ever score in the NHL?

Pittsburgh should've taken Luc Bourdon...

aghh, i know. definatley not Johnson, Ryan, Brule, or the other 15 guys that are better then him(including Crosby), we SHOULD HAVE taken Bourdon. CP, it's time to fire the scouts, I guess they can't find people who can shoot pucks into dryers. Actually, maybe I can, can I play in the NHL if that's the case. He'll get better at getting things in the dryers though, he's now the Lemieux family *****...hehe

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
"What went wrong Sid?"

"Nothing. I aimed, everything felt good, and that hole was just too wide to miss on. Too bad I won't be facing any dryers in the NHL!"

"Sid, that was Rob Scheider's mouth."

Oilerfan120582

Jul 9, 2005
All the jokes have already been made damnit....

I bet it was a ***** to shoot the puck on that floor though. I don't think people in California realize that the puck is supposed to slide.

donelikedinner

Jan 25, 2003
In a house
Visit site
Reveille! said:

How about, they put the dryer on ice, they make Sid wear a 50 pound backpack and tie one arm behind him and see if you can beat him in 1-on-1 play for 20 minutes. Sounds about fair to me and about as related to Sids in the NHL as you would be. :D

NYRGoalieGlut*

Original6 said:
Some people are just soooooo Pejorative Slured. Are you serious man???
:shakehead

I was impressed by this board because usually you'd see at least 3 people that don't know the concept of sarcasm on a different board thinking that he was serious. But now with this post all is well with the board. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
Reveille! said:

Oh so that's how we evaluate Busts now? with dryers....I just wanted to make sure

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
After seeing the tape, the NHL board has decided to expand the size of the dryer's hole, in order to increase load sizes...

MathieuBourlique

Jul 14, 2005
Is there a clip of his Leno appearance anywhere online? I missed it--my roommates were watching some horrible reality show on VH1 or something and refused to relinquish control of the remote.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
x-bob said:
Oh so that's how we evaluate Busts now? with dryers....I just wanted to make sure

I seriously hope you aren't being serious. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt before I flame you and call you an idiot to say that you aren't at all being serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->