Sidney Crosby ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuSa_1

Feb 15, 2004
Hopefully this will get some good conversations...

If you could pick anywhere for him to go (except your team) where would you like to see him end up?

You can do it for any reasons, but the reason I bring this up is because he's supposed to save the game, and I was trying to think of myself where he'd do it the best at.

Honestly I do think that St. Louis could be a team that could help him lead hockey back into the national (and continental) spotlight, however that's against my rules...

I think my vote goes for Minnesota, nice hockey climate and history.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
I'd like him to go to Nashville. They are doing a nice and steady building job and they have never gotten a first and lack a star. Plus they are in need of centers.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
Nashville, Columbus, Atlanta, Phoenix: Could help grow hockey in non traditional markets.

Pittsburg: To see him play with Lemeiux.

Montreal: Team he always wanted to play for growing up.

New York: To the Rangers.. I hate the team with a passion but it could help the NHL.. (if he pans out).

Mat

i made a thread like this before...but yeah

Montreal - I hate montreal. Plus I hate him, so it'd be a good rivalry between him/his team and me.

New York - Hate the rangers, hate him, see above.

New York - Islanders need a break from bad badddd trades.

buckyhockey8

Jun 13, 2005
Madison, WI
wild - one of the better hockey markets in the states

jackets - Nash and Crosby would create alot of intrest

preds- they need a standout center, to compliment the other young prospects they have

pens- Malkin, Crosby, Mario :bow:

Mat

yeah, wild, jackets, and blues also interest me

dont want the preds getting good. i want them to fold.

i'd rather the pens draft anze kopitar *drool*

FlyersProspect2

Jun 14, 2004
Chicopee, Ma
I want him to go to the best place to help hockey grow back into a top sport. Having it grow in one spot is nice, but for it to grow all over if he ended up in New York, Detroit, Philly, Toronto, and even Montreal. I guess you have to take Philly out because thats my team but any of those places would help all over.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Mat said:
New York - Islanders need a break from bad badddd trades.

You're assuming, of course, that Mad Mike doesn't trade Sid the Kid away... :biglaugh:

My top three would be Edmonton, Atlanta and Chicago

Edmonton because Crosby would get to play on the best ice surface in the world; Atlanta because Hartley could then put together one of the greatest potential scoring lines in the history of the game; and Chicago because Crosby would don the best jersey in pro sports and his presence could force ol' man Wirtz to televise home games.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
CuSa_1 said:
Hopefully this will get some good conversations...

If you could pick anywhere for him to go (except your team) where would you like to see him end up?

You can do it for any reasons, but the reason I bring this up is because he's supposed to save the game, and I was trying to think of myself where he'd do it the best at.

Honestly I do think that St. Louis could be a team that could help him lead hockey back into the national (and continental) spotlight, however that's against my rules...

I think my vote goes for Minnesota, nice hockey climate and history.

Rangers are the team that makes the most sense, clearly.

But they are "my" team so I can't say them.

In that case, I've gotta say I'd like to see him in Pittsburgh, or one of the original sixers; Detroit, Toronto, Boston, Chicago... eh, don't really like Montreal, so not them. And of course, like I said, the Rangers.

It appears that out of those choices, it would most likely be the Rangers or Blackhawks.

Skroob*

With the 'Hawks.

its a "6" team, one that hasnt been a contender recently (TOR, DET), its in a major media market, and its a Western Team, so thats keeps him away from the Rangers a lot. ;)

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
I think it would definately help hockey if Crosby went to one of the following teams, so thats who I'm voting for:

NY Rangers
Boston Bruins
Detroit Red Wings
Los Angeles Kings

To a lesser extent:

Montreal Canadiens
Toronto Maple Leafs
Vancouver Canucks
Dallas Stars
Colorado Avalanche
Minnesota Wild
Chicago Blackhawks

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don't understand why everyone says Atlanta. If Kovalchuk, Heatley, and Lehtonen aren't enough to bring fans to the seats than why would Crosby bring fans? Same thing in Columbus, if Nash can't bring 'em, they ain't coming. I'd rather him go to a solid market who appreciates that kind of talent and will support him. But I guess i'd be OK as long as he doesn't end up in NJ, Ottawa, or Toronto.

Transplanted Caper

2x ATD Co-Champion
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Gags1288 said:
I don't understand why everyone says Atlanta. If Kovalchuk, Heatley, and Lehtonen aren't enough to bring fans to the seats than why would Crosby bring fans? Same thing in Columbus, if Nash can't bring 'em, they ain't coming. I'd rather him go to a solid market who appreciates that kind of talent and will support him. But I guess i'd be OK as long as he doesn't end up in NJ, Ottawa, or Toronto.

I agree. Crosby needs to be in a market where the ENTIRE country or hockey fans across the US will tune in to watch him. I think ppl would watch him in New York, im not 100% sure fans will watch him play for a team like the Blue Jackets (although more ppl would probably watch in Columbus)

jacketracket*

Gags1288 said:
Not sure what game you're following, but Columbus already draws quite well. 95% capacity, with nearly 3 of every 4 games sold out, for a last-place team speaks for itself ...

The Benchwarmer

Apr 9, 2005
England
I'd like to see him in Pittsburgh, and it's my team, but if there was ever anyone other than Mario that could help keep the team in Pittsburgh then it would be Sid. We'd be sure to get the slots licence or at least some of the profits from it to build a new arena.

Other than Pitts, well I guess it'd have to be the Habs or Nashville.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Til the End of Time said:
I would love for him to end up in Carolina.

Im pretty sure it was best possible market not worst.

I think Minnesota and Chicago are the two best places for him to play. He will just get lost in all of the other stuff that goes on if he goes to the Rangers. Plus the Rangers are a big part of why the season was on hold for a year they do not deserve him.

CuSa_1

Feb 15, 2004
bert said:
Im pretty sure it was best possible market not worst.

I think Minnesota and Chicago are the two best places for him to play. He will just get lost in all of the other stuff that goes on if he goes to the Rangers. Plus the Rangers are a big part of why the season was on hold for a year they do not deserve him.

I really don't think New York would be the best place for him either.

Skroob*

CuSa_1 said:
I really don't think New York would be the best place for him either.

he's looking from what would be best for the NHL, not for Sid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->