Status
Not open for further replies.

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
c-carp said:
I am not saying that he should quit playing, I just think going to a prospect camp when you are a lock to be the no1 pick in the draft is a risk I wouldnt take. He has nothing to gain by this. :dunno:

wat is a "risk" to you? i dont understand how doing hockey drills and playing hockey is a "risk". perhaps the airplane ride is a "risk"? or maybe the car ride?

and wat do you mean nothing to gain? he's playing the game that will give him all this money and wealth, is that so bad? And if not for that, what about just for hte sake of playing? isn't hockey fun anymore to kids... even if they're bout to be drafted???

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
KingPurpleDinosaur said:
wat is a "risk" to you? i dont understand how doing hockey drills and playing hockey is a "risk". perhaps the airplane ride is a "risk"? or maybe the car ride?

and wat do you mean nothing to gain? he's playing the game that will give him all this money and wealth, is that so bad? And if not for that, what about just for hte sake of playing? isn't hockey fun anymore to kids... even if they're bout to be drafted???
Everything in life is a risk, If I was him or his agent i wouldnt waste time with a prospect camp when I had the no1 pick and all that cash locked up. If he has a freak accident at this meaningless camp what has he gained. Nothing but he has lost plenty. To me its a risk reward thing.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
c-carp said:
Everything in life is a risk, If I was him or his agent i wouldnt waste time with a prospect camp when I had the no1 pick and all that cash locked up. If he has a freak accident at this meaningless camp what has he gained. Nothing but he has lost plenty. To me its a risk reward thing.

Stopping training against competition is a greater risk than what he is doing. He wouldn't be half the player with the attitude you're endorsing.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
I don't think it's much of a risk for Crosby. It's a great opportunity and even better if he learns a thing or two or is more motivated as a result.

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
Crosbyfan said:
Stopping training against competition is a greater risk than what he is doing. He wouldn't be half the player with the attitude you're endorsing.

exactly.

if this is the type of player crosby is, then i don't want him. anyone who thinks himself so highly that he can't do things in fear of hurting himself sounds like a primadonna to me. crosbyfan hit it right on the nail

KINGLEWOOD

Apr 6, 2003
INGLEWOOD, CA
Visit site
Some of you guys who obviously have never checked out the Kings prospect camp are making it seem more than it really is. The purpose of the camp is simpy to prepare and educate younger players and give them a taste of what will be expected of them in the NHL. The fact that Crosby will attend is great, it shows that this can even help "the next Gretzky" prepare for the big leagues.

Is it a publicity stunt? who knows, but I wouldn't purchase a copy of the LaTimes just to see what coverage the camp is getting. Trust me you'll get more info on these message boards. Remember this isn't the Crosby camp its a development camp and I'm looking foward to seeing Dustin Brown, Denise Grebeshkov, Lauri Tukonen and others and I'm sure Dave Taylor feels the same.

stockwizard*

Foppa_Rules said:
Hello, stockwizard...why am I not surprised to see you here? Lol...
Well if it isn't my old nemesis Foppa_Rules. Haven't seen you lately.
I guess you are still hoping the worst for Crosby.
You should prepare yourself for his upcoming domination of the Prospect Camp.

Steve Latin*

stockwizard said:
Well if it isn't my old nemesis Foppa_Rules. Haven't seen you lately.
I guess you are still hoping the worst for Crosby.
You should prepare yourself for his upcoming domination of the Prospect Camp.

How does one dominate a Prospect Camp??

S L

hockeyGod

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
Hes training in LA and wanted some ice time. Hockey players like to test their skills. A player of his caliber like to put on shows. He knows hes great and the only way to get better is to keep trying to get better. I cant beleive some of u are pissing and moaning about him being at a fricking prospect camp. A real NHL training camp maybe but this is just like ice time for him.
So what I am trying to say...is that if I was Crosby(I wish) I would definatly go to this camp, it would be a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad