Sidney Crosby haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Paulson*

It isn't Sid's fault he's got all the hype, he's just a really good hockey player and the media is all over it. I bet most (nearly all) of the "Sidney Crosby haters" have never seen him play a game or met him in person. You may think this is mean, but get a life, there's better things to do than wish injury upon someone, and if you don't want to see all of the hype about Crosby, don't read it or listen to it. Simple as that.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Hahaha now thats funny. *HATE* someone you dont know about or you just ear little things about.

Robert Paulson*

Hitman said:
If your favorite team drafts him. Will you hate him then?

:lol: Hahaha that's a good question! I definitely wouldn't mind if my team happpened to pick him up.

dashripper

Jun 18, 2003
Visit site
JamieG said:
The last guy to come along with this much hype and attention was Eric Lindros. And do you remember the number of people who hated him and was hoping he would fail and find his struggles and injuries amusing now?

I really don't think it's that unusual to hate these kids who are handed everything on a silver platter.

I don't think he was handed everything on a silver platter. I think he deserves it. Gretzky has seen him play and sings his praises. He still has to play hockey.

Gretzky was treated the same way and he worked hard his whole life to get where he is. Nobody handed anything to him. I don't know Crosby but I bet he worked just as hard as Gretzky. You jackasses have no idea how hard these kids work to excel at their sport. Morning. noon, night-Hockey. They don't do anything else but hockey. To hate a talented sixteen year-old is crazy.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
yeah some people on this board really need a life. He worked very very hard to get to where he is and made alot of sacrifices in life as well to get to where he is, and he still works super hard in and after practice to become better. Like him or hate him Crosby is playing hockey (a sport he loves) and playing it super well right now and the media is going to keep talking about him and so are people so if this is going to bother you then maybe you should not come to these boards nor read the sports section in the paper, actually maybe you should turn off all sports stations on TV as well. :rolleyes:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
It's a bit disturbing that someone would take the time to dedicate a discussion thread to hating a 16 year old kid.

You are talking about a young man, who by all accounts, comes from a good family. He has a lot of friends and a good personality. He happens to be extremely gifted at a sport the people from his country are very passionate about.

The only way he can control the amount of hype he generates would be to try less and underachieve.

Would you really be happier if this kid wasn't soaring to athletic highs almost unheard of for someone of his age? Do you hate him because people are amazed by what he does? Would you rather he was an average athlete so he blended in and didn't make his sport entertaining.

It's a sad statement about society when someone can't just sit back and watch a potential world class athlete develop his talents. Instead we have someone hoping he suffers injuries and any other setback that may make him less successful.

lil_mogs

JamieG said:
Oh come on now, please get off the soap box. We all have people that you don't like, especially in the sporting world.

I'm not plotting his death or wishing any dreaded misery or illness on the kid. Just hoping things don't go his way. Who doesn't want to see a coddled pretty boy take one on the chin every once in a while? I can't even tell you the number of people who I've seen on boards who were cheering wildly when Kariya and/or Lindros were levelled by Stevens.

It's the same thing with Sidney Crosby, if you don't like him you hope he gets creamed and hope he doesn't do well.

SORRY dude, Stevens is a prick, Kariya got leveled with an ELBOW, of coarse comin from Stevens. Got back up and did wut? i m thinkin he scored a goal!! eat that.
Your a hater for no one reason, maybe u should actually meet him and watch him play. He's unreal and a very nice boy.

BCCHL inactive

I don't hate Crosby, and I hope he does live up to the hype.

That being said, I am developping a hate for the users here who post a new thread every time he gets an assist.

Les Zarbites

JamieG said:
Oh come on now, please get off the soap box. We all have people that you don't like, especially in the sporting world.

I'm not plotting his death or wishing any dreaded misery or illness on the kid. Just hoping things don't go his way. Who doesn't want to see a coddled pretty boy take one on the chin every once in a while? I can't even tell you the number of people who I've seen on boards who were cheering wildly when Kariya and/or Lindros were levelled by Stevens.

It's the same thing with Sidney Crosby, if you don't like him you hope he gets creamed and hope he doesn't do well.

No it's not the same thing at all. You're talking about hating a 16 year old teenager who's by all account a class act and a dedicated athlete. A teen you've most probably never even met or talked to. A kid you've probably never heard in an interview.

Some people might come to the conclusion that you're sick with envy. That you are a jealous person and someone that lacks confidence in himself. Someone might wonder why you started such a thread. Is it because you're tired of feeling lonely on this matter ? Or is it because you want to bash the kid to feel better ? :dunno:

hocscout

Draft year 2005

I don't dislike the guy.....but his fans should give it a rest. The 2004 draft is next and we should give those players our undivided attention. Crosby will have his time.....right now isn't it.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
hocscout said:
I don't dislike the guy.....but his fans should give it a rest. The 2004 draft is next and we should give those players our undivided attention. Crosby will have his time.....right now isn't it.

I second this!!!

Right now lets focus on the 2004, the way it is right now if Crosby doesn't break every hockey record ever he will be a dissappoint.

To much pressure will hurt the kid.

Unbiased Canadian

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
JamieG said:

ha, if you know him, fine.. if you don't, shut up...

seek help

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
lil_mogs said:
SORRY dude, Stevens is a prick, Kariya got leveled with an ELBOW, of coarse comin from Stevens. Got back up and did wut? i m thinkin he scored a goal!! eat that.

too bad that summed up his entire playoffs

JasonMacIsaac

Last 30 times I checked he used his shoulder, and also the last 1000 times I checked Kariya and Anaheim lost in the finals to those same Devils.

Wingboy2999

Feb 16, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
I think it is kinda how I feel about LeBron James. The guy is hyped so much, I'd find it hilarious if he bombs. But if he does well, that'd be awesome. It will be good either way.

Wingboy2999

Feb 16, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
Unbiased Canadian said:
I second this!!!

Right now lets focus on the 2004, the way it is right now if Crosby doesn't break every hockey record ever he will be a dissappoint.

To much pressure will hurt the kid.

Unbiased Canadian

Yeah, come on. We have Ovechkin to wait for this upcoming year. Give it a rest!

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
The only thing worse than the people posting when he gets one assist are the people who start ranting about it. Just watch the game. :)

Ironchef Chris Wok*

GB Editor said:
How can you hate a 16 year old hockey player?

I know, it's not like he's taken out somebody's knees a la Mr. Marchment.

pepchew

Jul 12, 2003
Visit site
Lindros appeared pompous and arrogant from the start, but I didn't actually develop a strong disliking for him until he refused to sign with the team that drafted him.

Daigle was cocky (comment about nobody remembering who went second (turned out to be Pronger) in the draft) but likeable enough. However, his lack of enthusiasm while making huge money caused me to dislike him somewhat.

Crosby? Have I missed something?

DutchLeafsfan

Jun 3, 2002
Rotterdam, NL
www.gamer.nl
JasonMacIsaac said:
Last 30 times I checked he used his shoulder, and also the last 1000 times I checked Kariya and Anaheim lost in the finals to those same Devils.

You must have a lot of time on your hands ;)

On the Crosby situation, I am getting somewhat tired on the numerous new threads every time Crosby sneezes and I think the hype is over the top. However how can one blame Crosby for this, who never asked for this and just happens to be very good at playing hockey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad