SI eyes TV partnership w/ OLN/Comcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
I hope SI follows through with this.

Honestly, it's high time that another sports network competes with ESPN, which has dominated the national market for years. I'm a bit surprised that Fox has been reluctant to move itself out of the regional market with it's Fox Sports channels to secure a national cable network rivaling ESPN.

If SI jumps onboard, you can expect that OLN will have gained the legitimacy necessary to win the weekday football contract and start it on its way to a healthy competition with the NHL as the centerpeice.

Yes!

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
no13matssundin said:
Um... the little guy DOES win in the bible story... thats why its there. David overcomes Goliath by trusting in God.

I think he was being sarcastic. I think Homer Simpson used same line in same situation as well. Of course Homer was just being Homer.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Master of Puppets said:
Could you imagine, the NHL of all things starts the snowball effect that leads to the demise of ESPN.

It reads like a cheesy comedy.

Are you getting any ideas on the MD?

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Master of Puppets said:
Could you imagine, the NHL of all things starts the snowball effect that leads to the demise of ESPN.

It reads like a cheesy comedy.
ESPN doesn't need any help in it's own demise. All they discuss and show is Thugball aka NBA, Red Sox/Yankees, and TO worship. Poker is a fad, What's next The world series of Old Maid or Rummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad