Shvidki Bednar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
With so many teams needing players with scoring potential why do young guys like this slip through waivers. With the dearth of top end prospects in the Stars sytem I would have loved to have taken a chance on Shvidki even at the expense of Malhotra( salary wash ). Manny likely will never be more than a fourth liner here and there are plenty of replacements. A potential top liner scorer more interesting. Why did these guys get cut?

Heimy

Feb 28, 2002
I was just here
Visit site
I've been wondering the same thing. Looking at Bednar, you see a guy that (I believe) led rookies in assists (22) last year in just 67 games. He achieved that while surrounded with less than stellar talent having never played above the 3rd line. He's signed at a meager $500,000, had a terrific camp, yet evidently nobody wants him. Strange.

As for Shvidki, again I'm at a loss. This guy was called up for the last few games of last season and he played really REALLY well. This year he's among the first in camp to be sent down after getting virtually no icetime in just one exhibition game.

At first I figured this was a "Keenan really must hates euros" thing. But for no other GM to snatch either of these scorers up is truely puzzling. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->