Shrinking a jersey

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
So I bought a new CCM replica jersey, but it's much larger than it should be according to the measurements the site provided. Is there any way to safely shrink it or am I screwed?

shorre

Jan 4, 2006
oakville , ontario
ya, hockey shirts dont shrink much.but what ive done in the past is get that tape where u can iron it on and custom fit your jersey the way u like it.the "tape" forget what u call it works great u can wash it and the tape stays in place.i bought this tape from wal-mart in the sewin section.hope this helps.or u can take it and get it hemmed.

EmptyNetter

Jun 22, 2006
North Shore, MA
ya, hockey shirts dont shrink much.but what ive done in the past is get that tape where u can iron it on and custom fit your jersey the way u like it.the "tape" forget what u call it works great u can wash it and the tape stays in place.i bought this tape from wal-mart in the sewin section.hope this helps.or u can take it and get it hemmed.

Is it some kind of double-stick tape? There's a kind that you can iron -- the heat makes it stick -- but don't use it with a hockey jersey. Like Van says, it's polyester so it won't shrink but it can melt.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
If you bought it off the net, many sites have a return/exchange policy.

In the future, you might want to try jerseys on in stores before ordering(Even different team ones will be the same size)

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
putting a jersey through the dryer wont do much good for the Crest and patches. They tend to warp pretty badly. Return for hte next size down. Over size jerseys are fine for street wear. Personally, I think they are more comfortable with the next size up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->