Should we go to the heritage classic unis full time?

Should we use the heritage classic unis full time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Splooge.

Also we couldn't go to home whites unless the NHL changed its dumb policy.
Although it is NHL policy for home teams to wear dark Jerseys the home team can opt to wear any jersey approved by the NHL as long as they give advanced notice to road teams so that they bring a dark jersey variant
So in theory the Jets can wear whites in all their home games.. however by default they would also wear whites on the road as the vast majority of the teams they would be playing would use a dark jersey at home

Reactions: WiscoJet

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Although it is NHL policy for home teams to wear dark Jerseys the home team can opt to wear any jersey approved by the NHL as long as they give advanced notice to road teams so that they bring a dark jersey variant
So in theory the Jets can wear whites in all their home games.. however by default they would also wear whites on the road as the vast majority of the teams they would be playing would use a dark jersey at home

Imo everyone should be able to wear dark jerseys for any game, unless there’s a colour clash (eg Jets vs Columbus), in which the away team should change to whites, or even an alternate of a different colour.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg

It almost sounds like the Jets would be wearing white for the majority of their games both home and away in that scenario. If that's the case, the Jets should wear their current whites on the road and wear the Heritage Classic uniforms at home.

:jets

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Reactions: SLAYER
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Black Sabbath wrote the song 'Paranoid' as a complete afterthought to fill 3 minutes on their 'Paranoid' album. It was written and recorded in about 25 minutes. It was their first original single and hit #4 on the UK charts. It's one of the most iconic rock-n-roll songs ever written.

Not everything that is 'Classic' took years to produce, hockey jerseys included. What will make this current rendition of the Jets jersey a classic will be the team's accomplishments while wearing it, coupled with Winnipeg's love for the Jets. Kids will grow up and look back on those jerseys with fond memories of watching the Jets with their families or friends or whoever.

Also, just because you don't care for the current design, doesn't mean that everyone dislikes them. It's all subjective. Personally, I find their current jerseys to be most excellent. The logo / colors are fantastic, and I have grown to love them more and more every year.

Certainly on occasion some after thoughts or quickly thrown together singles have left large impressions on society.

More often it's the hours of studio work that have produced masterpieces. The Eagles are likely the best example of this. They were perfections of their craft, always paying attention to detail, always trying to up their game.

Of course there's the opposing school of thought. The Eagles dealt with this when punk came in, but decades later despite the popularity of The Ramones, The Clash, The Buzzcocks, The Sex Pistols, it's the works of artists like the Beatles, the Eagles & Fleetwood Mac that find their way into classic rock playlists & as a whole have left a much larger impression on society.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Certainly on occasion some after thoughts or quickly thrown together singles have left large impressions on society.

More often it's the hours of studio work that have produced masterpieces. The Eagles are likely the best example of this. They were perfections of their craft, always paying attention to detail, always trying to up their game.

Of course there's the opposing school of thought. The Eagles dealt with this when punk came in, but decades later despite the popularity of The Ramones, The Clash, The Buzzcocks, The Sex Pistols, it's the works of artists like the Beatles, the Eagles & Fleetwood Mac that find their way into classic rock playlists & as a whole have left a much larger impression on society.

Listen, I love a good music-oriented conversation as much as the next guy, but that really wasn't the point I was trying to make...

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Listen, I love a good music-oriented conversation as much as the next guy, but that really wasn't the point I was trying to make...

I thought I was following the conversation. Poster one alleged current jerseys were thrown together in a matter of months.

You responded in music terms that classic tracks have been created as after thoughts and with little effort.

I agreed that this happens but countered that it happens rarely. Music analytics!

On a separate topic, last night someone requested the Hedley track "Lose Control" likely their most dance friendly number. Despite the bad press the result was it maintained an already full dance floor.

I followed it up with Meghan Trainor's "Me Too". I was rather impressed when a girl came up & asked if playing these titles back to back was deliberate.

I appreciated the fact that someone got this. A shame she was only 20. The Fonz is getting old.

Last edited:

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
I pretty much hate everything NBA but this is great. I'd love the NHL to do this for a bit of diversity, both for home fans and just overall viewers.

I know this is a bit OT but I would LOVE to get my hands on a Jets camo jersey. I am seriously considering shelling out to make one of these:

View media item 1475
The Blue Camo jersey (shirt) looks a lot like the hideous and useless US Navy camo uniform..and a bit like the bombers blue camo jersey that they wore once...I’m ex military and hate the camo jerseys ..it was a nice jester but it just doesn’t work with sports jerseys IMO

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
MOOSE_JH2.jpg
On a related note, I went to a luncheon several years ago with the Jets Director of Communications as the guest speaker. He said that before Chipman called an audible at the draft, the plan was to call the Jets the Polar Bears. He said that they even had a jersey designed, and it would (in his opinion) have been the best jersey in the league. Since the Moose have played a few games with Polar Bear jerseys (to raise money for the zoo) I can only assume those are the ones he was speaking about. They are nice.

Reactions: Jet

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I know this is a bit OT but I would LOVE to get my hands on a Jets camo jersey.

The Moose had some really nice camo jerseys, except they were white and grey. More so to look like Arctic camo wear, but really nice.

moosemilitary-1.jpg

The upside as well if you collect jerseys, is you could pick up a game worn one, at least from the Moose. They are allowed to wear these types of jerseys in the game, where the NHL doesn't allow the Jets. They can only wear them in warmups.

Reactions: Jet

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Well this weekend after watching Carolina all red and the Leafs all white in addition to the Jets all blue, you need another colour. Solid one colour doesn't look good.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If we combine the 2 variations (old logo or new) it is more than 80% in favour of the HC Jerseys. It is also a substantial number of votes and probably a good representation of the most committed Jets fans.

I don't have the background to be able to say with certainty but I think that kind of margin would be considered overwhelming by professional market researchers.

RRenegade

Jul 13, 2016
Winnipeg
I love the Heritage classic jerseys! Either with the old logo or more likely the new one. Put them together & it's at 80% in the poll.
Realistically, they would need a dark home version for the NHL to approve it.

kellhunter

Jun 29, 2017
Voted no...

Never been a fan of the Red, White and Blue jersey...looks like a U.S. National Team jersey.

Love our current jersey. The dominant blues mirror our icy cold climate and the land of 100,000 lakes moniker. The red maple leaf accents the jersey without overwhelming it.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Yeah, the new jersey has grown on me, so I'm fine with the current style. I wouldn't mind seeing the 90's logo at some point as an alternate.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Voted no...

Never been a fan of the Red, White and Blue jersey...looks like a U.S. National Team jersey.

Love our current jersey. The dominant blues mirror our icy cold climate and the land of 100,000 lakes moniker. The red maple leaf accents the jersey without overwhelming it.

Although the current colors mirror our icy cold climate as you say, they do look rather bland. The Heritage Classic uniforms on the other hand are vibrant. It also shouldn't matter that the U.S. National Team wears red, white and blue since they are commonly used colors anyway.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
View attachment 102607 On a related note, I went to a luncheon several years ago with the Jets Director of Communications as the guest speaker. He said that before Chipman called an audible at the draft, the plan was to call the Jets the Polar Bears. He said that they even had a jersey designed, and it would (in his opinion) have been the best jersey in the league. Since the Moose have played a few games with Polar Bear jerseys (to raise money for the zoo) I can only assume those are the ones he was speaking about. They are nice.

Never been a fan of the band running down the length of the sleeve. I always disliked the Jets 80's jerseys for that reason. It's a look that doesn't appeal to me no matter which team tried using it for a period of time (such as the following):

Rangers24.png

Jets01.png

Stars01.png

Flames12.png

Bruins40.png

1stDan

Jan 6, 2018
I love the new logo

The old one looks pretty dated and a little corny ( I still love it though) let's keep it a museum piece. Sure the new look may have been 'slapped together' but it' better than most of them out there.

Lions67

Mar 6, 2018
Winnipeg
What about heritage jersey, old logo, but!!... take out the plane and put the new logo in its place?

Attachments

• 988232AF-34A5-4F80-BF0B-141DB9A42628.jpeg
    988232AF-34A5-4F80-BF0B-141DB9A42628.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
What about heritage jersey, old logo, but!!... take out the plane and put the new logo in its place?
I think there's just too much going on there - that's a busy logo (and it was pretty busy in the first place).

I just prefer the iconic simplicity of the new logo. Not that the old logo isn't instantly recognizable but it's a bit of a dog's breakfast, IMO.

The only reason we entertain the idea of using the old one is because of nostalgia. If someone came up with the Jets 1.0 logo today it wouldn't fly.

Reactions: kellhunter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->