Should the Rangers resign Vesey to another 2 or 3 year extension at say (1.5 per year)

Should the Rangers resign Vesey to another 2 or 3 year extension at say (1.5 per year)

• Yes

Votes: 31 81.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Yes. I think he's been one of the most consistent players this season and last season.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
He’s signed through next season, so they wouldn’t be able to sign him until July anyway. If he was a pending free agent, I would say yes. With another year on his deal, I’m going to say what’s the rush? Wait and revisit the question a year from now.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I like Vesey. He accepts and plays his role well and he chips in and a lot of the goals he chips in with are important goals. A very high % of game winners. That said with him signed already for next year it's a little premature to be talking about another contract.

Brodzinski on the team is not keeping Cuylle off the power play. That's just ridiculous. Laviolette and his staff has the say over that and Kreider and Lafreniere are in front of him on LW. FWIW I think Brodzinski has played pretty well though it would be better if he were on the 4th line than on the 3rd. He's a much better player at this point in his career than Bonino. He's got real speed and good offensive and defensive instincts. He's chipped in pretty well too....more with plays than goals but he's a heads up reliable player.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
When Vesey is eligible for an extension, which is next year, I would offer another 2 year extension on the first day available for $2m and see if he accepts. That would still be a steal for what he provides

• Love
Reactions: Hunter Gathers

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Great bottom 6 player. If he continues to stay healthy I have no problem with that for 1.5M a year.

Glad he came back to NY after a few years being away. Always good to keep fan favorites.

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
When Vesey is eligible for an extension, which is next year, I would offer another 2 year extension on the first day available for $2m and see if he accepts. That would still be a steal for what he provides

I'd offer him more than 2 years since I think the only way he gets such a low AAV is if you add years to it. I would think he'd need like 4 years. He'll be 32 by the time his current deal is up.

Offer him 4 years at $2M AAV. Give him the security of some guaranteed cash and I think he may sign it.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'd offer him more than 2 years since I think the only way he gets such a low AAV is if you add years to it. I would think he'd need like 4 years. He'll be 32 by the time his current deal is up.

Offer him 4 years at $2M AAV. Give him the security of some guaranteed cash and I think he may sign it.

I wouldn't be opposed to a longer deal or a higher cap hit. I threw out $2m because it was higher than the offered $1.5m in the OP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad