Should the Preds make a coaching change?

If an elite coach became available, should the Preds make a coaching change?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
As a preface, this is not a “Should Lavi be fired thread.” I like Lavi and think he is a very good coach.

Simply put if an elite coach (E.g. Mike Babcock or Claude Julien) became available, would you support a coaching change?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Gonna go with no. I mean he can't play defense for Ellis and Josi, stop the puck for Rinne and can't make the 2nd line not turn the puck over and be horrible defensively. Do I think he could have made some changes on that 2d line, maybe change the D pairings up? Yeah he could, but hell it may not have been any better.

Reactions: irunthepeg

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
laviolette has 1 more season. miss the playoffs or a first round exit and he is done. repeat of this year and it's a toss up. get back to the WCF or SCF and he is safe.

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005
Yes if Housley gets fired he really needs to be brought back. Not sure if his replacement will work out, but by the time Housley would be fired we should now. Though with a full offseason he might be able to get Buffalo to improve.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Yes if Housley gets fired he really needs to be brought back. Not sure if his replacement will work out, but by the time Housley would be fired we should now. Though with a full offseason he might be able to get Buffalo to improve.
I remember when Buffalo hired him and their fans flamed me when I said I didn't think it was a good hire, but what do I know?

Reactions: Predarat

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
No. He needed to take a time out when the Jets scored two in 30 seconds that one game, but aside from that it's not like we weren't right there with Winnipeg throughout most of the series.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Though none of us know the locker room dynamics maybe a change of Captain is in order. Not a coaching change. Poile is so loyal that he won't axe Lavi now. He did coach the team to the Division and the Presidents Trophy. Milestones for the franchise this season and the Conference championship last season.

There is only one thing he has not accomplished as Predators coach.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
I am a Flyers fan here and I assure you, the answer is no. I've seen plenty of coaches come and go - Lavy is the best I've seen. I know players wear under his coaching but change players. Truly - he is the type of coach you hold onto and move the other problems.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
No offense but this has to be one of the worst threads on here ever.

Lets recap:

Season 1- led the entire league most of the season before falling apart late. Still played a very good playoff series vs eventual cup winner Hawks.
Season 2- average regular season, but won a game 7 on road over a division winner in round 1 and took SCF Sharks to a game 7 in round 2- some of the most exciting moments in franchise history up to that point
Season 3- Historic playoff run- 2 wins from winning the freaking Cup with a decimated roster
Season 4- 117 points, won division, won conference, won 1 round of playoffs, eliminated in 7 by the 2nd place overall team in league.

An incredible 4 years- he has been phenomenal for this franchise.

So, gonna give a big fat NO to the thread question.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
As a Flyers fan, I can tell you the grass is RARELY greener on the other side. I'd kill a man to have Lavy back. He didn't lose you this series. Rinne did in the first 10 minuts of Game 7. Their D also looked fatigued the long run last year. Turris and Hartman didn't acclimate quickly enough. Preds should be contenders again next year with a minor tweak or two.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
What I'm gathering from this thread is that Flyers fans kinda wish Lavy was still in Philly
Well and lets put this into perspective, who exactly are you going to get to replace him even if you thought about it? The same retreads that haven't worked for everyone else?

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Well and lets put this into perspective, who exactly are you going to get to replace him even if you thought about it? The same retreads that haven't worked for everyone else?
I'd rather not think about it because I have less than no interest in changing coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad