Should the NHL get rid of the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Hockey is such a random sport that you can't really decide which team is the best based on 16-28 games. That's why the team that wins the cup is most of the times just the luckiest team in the league which makes things pretty boring.

I suggest that they get rid of the playoffs and extend the regular season to a 100 games and give the cup to the team with most points. This way there are enough games that we can mostly get rid of the luck factor.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
As a Canucks fan I feel your pain but the playoffs are here to stay. At least they get 7 game series rather than a one-off elimination game.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
cut.jpg

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Hockey is such a random sport that you can't really decide which team is the best based on 16-28 games. That's why the team that wins the cup is most of the times just the luckiest team in the league which makes things pretty boring.

I suggest that they get rid of the playoffs and extend the regular season to a 100 games and give the cup to the team with most points. This way there are enough games that we can mostly get rid of the luck factor.
it's not luck, your team just got outplayed

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
LMFAO. There's a reason every major sports in North America have playoffs, it's the most fun time of the year.

And half the rink in the league would have been empty for weeks this year with no playoff.

Sprague Cleghorn

User Registered
Aug 14, 2013
Edmonton, KY
Easily the best. The regular season is 82 games so you get a good idea of how good a team is. A four game series without the best D in the world being healthy doesn’t really show you how strong the team is.

Winning the cup is all luck anyways so you shouldn’t put much weight on it. The presidents’ trophy is easily the most difficult one to win in this sport and winning it by as much as we did is truly something special.

This team might just go down as the greatest NHL team of all time. Doubt we see anything like this ever again with all the parity in the league nowadays.

Lol. I didnt check the pre game threads so i had no idea what people meant by arrogant TB fans. Now i see what they mean. Of course, its just one guy though.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Yup, I was definitely right when I said you just make posts to elicit a response from people.
Glad to know I can add another one to the ignore list.

Reactions: RORbacon

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017

Being swept, shows that very little luck was needed. Other than the first 30 minutes of game 1, Columbus dominated this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad