Proposal: Should the Habs bring back Gerard Gallant?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
We'd have to fire someone first. Which is not exactly Bergevin's strength. Seriously, has he ever fired someone since he took over GM duties?

Matt Pfeffer. Sortof. And Pierre Groulx. Sortof.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Gallant knows the habs organization 100% you can never have enough good hockey people, would NOT affect the Habs cap at all. Money is NOT a problem for the Habs office people. Bring him back, he might give the Laval Rocket a boost next year.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
We'd have to fire someone first. Which is not exactly Bergevin's strength. Seriously, has he ever fired someone since he took over GM duties?

lol....i tought of the stats guy this summer, but i think he just didnt renew his contract so it doesnt count :)

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
lol....i tought of the stats guy this summer, but i think he just didnt renew his contract so it doesnt count :)

Yeah, exactly. Not renewing a 1 year contract is easy.

Firing someone just to bring in Gallant? I don't think Bergevin is even able to contemplate the possibility.

And anyways, what's the point of having, like, 12 coaches? Especially as it looks like no one can really challenge Therrien on anything.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
No excuses or foxholes in Florida, like a franchise should be.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
No excuses or foxholes in Florida, like a franchise should be.

It's probably significantly worse than here mind you. Considering what came up to light recently.

If anything the foxhole is bigger in Florida then it is here.

Yep. And that's so random. West Point?

(mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
MT / KM / GG combo behind the bench would be awesome! But how many teams make assistant coach changes during the season? It's rare (Unless the head coach is replaced).

Maybe Hire Gallant in a advisory role. He's a good Hockey mind and MB should add him to the team! Anything to help MT behind the bench... I'm game for!

BPD Habs Fan

Power of Positivity
Jul 2, 2014
Alexandria, Ontario
If MT was smart he'd go after Gallant as well as another associate coach responsible for the PK.

The more player friendly coaches you have the less of a personality MT needs to have and he has more buffers and excuses to use.

I don't think that there would be much of an issue from Florida to speak with him unless they really like paying people to do nothing.

bbob

Nov 27, 2015
Yes Habs should get him! Then the bench is set up for the future cause MT is on thing ice.

Future head coach: KM & assistant: GG......some great coaching skill behind the bench, these are true players coach's which could help out a lot & have a great room togetherness. Plus more importantly the will let the young guys like Chucks play more!

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
We can try and offer him the AHL coaching position to replace Sly, but it'd only be a temporary solution, since he'll easily get another head-coach position somewhere else in the NHL. The guy is well-liked by hockey people. He'll have no issue in finding another gig. But in the meanwhile I would love to have him coach the likes of Sherbak and McCarron.

Jul 6, 2016
If he's willing to finish the year as head coach in the AHL we should fire sly asap and hire Gallant.

Why would gallant do that ? He is receiving a NHL salary from Florida for the rest of his contract. he won't work for way less.

He's gonna find a new job soon at NHL level. the Isles, Calgary, Vancouver and few others might have open jobs soon.

Jul 6, 2016
Yes Habs should get him! Then the bench is set up for the future cause MT is on thing ice.

Future head coach: KM & assistant: GG......some great coaching skill behind the bench, these are true players coach's which could help out a lot & have a great room togetherness. Plus more importantly the will let the young guys like Chucks play more!

...according to this board... Very credible... :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
One guy says Therrien is on thin ice and it suddenly represents the forum's view.

Yeah, credibility all right. :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
hockey30-2016-11-28-a-12.36.37.png

So Gallant lost his job to this thing.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
He's definitely a great hockey mind. Things didn't quite work out for him this year in Florida. He would strengthen our coaching staff a ton. What are your thoughts on bringing him back to help Therrien, Muller, JJ etc.?

I don't see how we could have too many good coaches. I would love to have him back. It takes a secure man to have great coaches around you. It would show a lot if Therrien had both Muller and Gallant in the fold. That would be quite a coaching staff. Therrien seems to work well with others. He often says "we take decisions." He seems to respect the opinion of others. And I'm no huge Therrien fan.

I also don't think Gallant and Muller are yes men. So that would mitigate the foxhole problem.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Please oh please fire Sylvain Lefebvre who can't coach fo beans and replace him with Gallant!!!

There is no reason the Ice Caps have been this bad for this long unless it is the coaching!

Make it happen Bergy! If only to have our youngsters better develop!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->