Proposal: Should the Habs bring back Gerard Gallant?

From The Couch

Jan 14, 2014
West PQ
He's definitely a great hockey mind. Things didn't quite work out for him this year in Florida. He would strengthen our coaching staff a ton. What are your thoughts on bringing him back to help Therrien, Muller, JJ etc.?

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Yea fire one of JJ or Clement and bring him back. The guys in the room loved him.

Oct 22, 2012
Montreal need to have the permission from Florida to negotiate with Gallant.
What role does he need to fill?

He was fired yesterday

I feel like he was just the most likable out of all the coaching staff before he left. I can't even remember what he was responsible for.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'd take him back in a heartbeat if he could tag-team with Muller and force Therrien to "Tap Out".

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I haven't been paying attention, I know Muller runs the PP but who's in charge of the PK, cause I would fire them and bring in Gallant in a heartbeat if he would accept an assistant coaching job.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I see no point in bringing him back for the sake of bringing him back. I mean... he did leave the team, and things didn't went as well as expected for him, because he's not as good a coach as we all made him to be. That was obvious from the start for anyone who slightly followed the guy's career, something people here tend to not do, as they prefer emotive reactions.

But he'd represent a significant upgrade on Sly, I'll give you that.

Jul 6, 2016
A third option: WHY ?

Muller has taken the available place. No need for another guy like him.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
I see no point in bringing him back for the sake of bringing him back. I mean... he did leave the team, and things didn't went as well as expected for him, because he's not as good a coach as we all made him to be. That was obvious from the start for anyone who slightly followed the guy's career, something people here tend to not do, as they prefer emotive reactions.

But he'd represent a significant upgrade on Sly, I'll give you that.

He left the team because he got a head coaching position, no one in there right mind one stay on as an associate when the get an head coaching position.

He would be a definite upgrade over both JJ and Clement.

The guys loved him hear.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I haven't been paying attention, I know Muller runs the PP but who's in charge of the PK, cause I would fire them and bring in Gallant in a heartbeat if he would accept an assistant coaching job.
Our PK has sucked this year.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
We'd have to fire someone first. Which is not exactly Bergevin's strength. Seriously, has he ever fired someone since he took over GM duties?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Seriously, he'd be a great addition for the Ice Dogs, but there's absolutely NO NEED to hire Gallant in any capacity at the moment, unless he's somehow a D-coach.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Yea fire one of JJ or Clement and bring him back. The guys in the room loved him.

best scenario would be him replacing Dan Lacroix behind the bench but i doubt that he would accept that, not for now anyway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad