Should Marchand be suspended?

How many games would you suspend him for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovedemfanboys

Oct 25, 2017
4 dirty plays, 1 on Johnsson is iffy on intention but it's Marchand so he doesn't get benefit of the doubt and it really does look like he extended his leg unnaturally for just skating to trip up johnsson who had a clear path to the puck

Are you serious? :laugh::laugh: Maybe take a break from playoff hockey

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
How does Kadri get suspended but not Marchand?

What is really going on in the NHL DOPS? Do we need see more emails?

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
FYI: Kessel got a 3 game suspension for a similar slash on John Scott as a non-repeat offender when Marchand is probably the biggest repeat offender out there.

Not probably, he's faced supplemental discipline more than any active player.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
He's absolutely reckless. Those are stupid, reckless, dangerous plays. He plays with no regards to anyone on the ice. He has no respect for other players and their saftey.

He's a repeat offender.
He needs to be done for this series.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Only thing remotely suspendable there is the slash. But that is only really suspendable if he connects and there is an injury.

Look, it is a nice collection of dirty little plays. But dirty little plays don't get you suspended.

SwollenGoat

Sep 23, 2008
South River
Leafs are a bunch of wimps. Only fitting Marchand bullies them. Nobody but Kadri could stand up for themselves. Marchand wouldn’t do this to a team like Tampa, Columbus, Pittsburgh, or Philly. Actual teams that would make him pay for it. Or most from the West for that matter.

Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Van Riemsdyke, Reilly, etc. Bunch of softies.

Habs fans calling another team soft is cute.

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
The extent to which Bruins fans will blindly defend Marchand every time without question no matter what is embarrassing at this point. I almost never comment on this site but am here daily. Every single thread showing yet another dirty play by him is met by the same predictable comments with 100% certainty.

-He didn't mean it
-You're reaching
-You're just a hater and jealous he's not on your team
-Yeah but what about that dirty play by so and so in 1996?

What are you guys not seeing that every other single person is? I'm a Leafs fan and I really don't like Kadri and I would despise him if he played for another team. He's objectively a really dirty player and a bit of a rat. I can't deny it. You don't always have to be tribal. Was anything from tonights game egregious and really dirty if every play happened in a vacuum? Maybe not. But it's every ******* game with this guy, multiple times a game even. A slash here, a slew foot there, maybe a cross check to the head, a knee on knee for you, a head shot for you.

This guy is gonna end someones career no doubt. He's awful for hockey and a danger to the other 700 players in the league who are supposed to have trust that they aren't stepping out there with a complete POS human being who will injure you intentionally as if it's part of the game.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
He wont get anyrhing, but it was a pathetic display from him last night.

The punch to Freddies head should have been dealt with by Polak. I hipe Marchand gets his, there's no room in the game for his crap.

The worst part is, he would be a great player if he stopped the shit.

Durden Tyler

Dec 19, 2017
vote 2 game, each of thoses video are boderline to me, but add them and you clearly see intent to injure all game long to me.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The stick swing is 100% suspendable. You don't use your stick like that. The other videos are laughable though.

Should be 2 games for intent to injure for the stick swing. If Rielly gets injured there, everyone would be talking differently, which is absurd. The even more laughable part here is that Rielly also got penalty.

I can't imagine how much they'd be crying if Kadri swung his stick like that.

Last edited:

SoVi3t

Sep 16, 2009
A lot of his shit in the game last night was just dirty hockey. Not happy about it, but it's allowed.

The attempted slash though could have easily injured a player, no idea how he doesn't get at least a game for that though.

Reactions: WILDLIFEGUY

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Nothing in there is suspension worthy but man he can d-bag it up with the best of them.

A 2 handed 180 swing with your stick isn't suspendable in which universe?

You don't do that unless your attempt to injure someone. It isn't to defend himself or to say hello.

Reactions: SoVi3t

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
just dress martin and tell him to end the little weasels career already. nose first into the boards bend that thing so far sideways hes smelling his own ass all day!
I dont know if i would go that far. but they should be accidentally diving at his knees, slashing, etc. him, but more importantly Bergeron and pastrnak. they were knocking them around last night and they were thrown completely off their game. bergeron and pasta are soft as butter and marchand gets so rattled he will get suspended.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
A 2 handed 180 swing with your stick isn't suspendable in which universe?

You don't do that unless your attempt to injure someone. It isn't to defend himself or to say hello.

He clearly lets up on it and lowers the swing at the end. If he wanted to slash Reilly, I'm sure he could have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad