Should kids hockey be run as a business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YellHockey*

The largest hockey organization, the Greater Toronto Hockey League, seems to be more focused on money then on developing players.

From Slam Sports / Toronto Sun:

What really chafes, though, is the GTHL's irritating policy of charging everyone $5 who walks through the doors of its arenas. That includes the players.

From Toronto Star - the Ugly Side of Minor Hockey:

After the Toronto Star published an investigation of minor hockey three weeks ago, dozens of parents across southern Ontario contacted the paper with accounts of what they called retaliation by minor hockey organizations after they asked questions about finances or raised other concerns.

There are a whole bunch of stories on the mess that is the GTHL at this page of the Toronto Star.

Could the skyrocketing cost to play in the GTHL be the cause for the lower representation of the OHL at the World Juniors camp?

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
i coach and ref highschool inline hockey, and thoug its inline, i feel that for this answer it is similar, the kids come first. I mean you can only do as many things as your leagues budget allows for, but it should not be run to make money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad