Should Gretzky's "records" have an asterisk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemieux32*

[IMAGE]http://www.newburycomics.com/images/bmh/BU/742954NEWBU.jpg[/IMAGE]

MuzikMachine

Nov 14, 2005
chooch said:
I tell you: guys I played with on the rinks would never have picked 99 to play on their side. Someone would have come and said : "get your *** back for once!"

What do you mean? 99 got his *** back quite a bit. It was called skating back to center ice after putting the puck in the other guy's net. :D

espo*

Well of course not,i did'nt see him hopped up on steroids or something.The guy was a SUPERSTAR,does'nt matter what era you play in.And the bigger the games..........the better he was,that's what superstars do.

Gee,if we do this to guys from every era it will never stop.The same guys we are gushing over now(thornton,Crosby,Ovechkin) Will we be asteriiking them in 20 years too?

Cmon people!!

mcphee

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
chooch said:
I'd like to meet that guy - maybe he knows something. ;)

As for the Habs v. Oilers in 81 - Yeah I remember it 25 years later; Moog stole the series and Messier deflated the Habs with his stick in Robinsons face and Larry refused to fight him. Hunter crushed Lafleur with a check at the Forum too.

Yeah I remember 99 in that series too; he scored when it was 5-1 in the last minute of the last game and started skipping around the ice whooping it up like he won the series for Edmonton (even as a kid I had a code and respected the players who never raised their sticks or did what 99 did).

He was a non factor except to desecrate the memory of Orr, Lafleur and Lemiuex, Yzerman who woudl never do that.

Now we get to the root of the problem. All this time, I thought it was a breast feeding issue. Silly me. Chooch when Gretzky celebrated the goal that crystallized what we all knew had to happen someday, the Hab dynasty ending, it hurt. I didn't want to believe that some kid with bad hair could waltz around the great Serge Savard, but it was true. I wanted Messier taken out with sniper fire at the time, but I got over it. Great team goes away, great team takes their place. Sports evolution.

My Dad was mad after the 50's ended. He got over it, laughs at how wrapped in it he would get. Get help Chooch, the bitterness is killing you.

Just so sad.

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
mcphee said:
Now we get to the root of the problem. All this time, I thought it was a breast feeding issue.

Let's not cast that theory aside so quickly! Much like the glory days of the Habs, it's quite possible that Chooch wishes the breast-feeding had never ended.

Jesus, it's a good thing the North Stars aren't around any longer. We'd never hear the end of it.

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
Yes other players had the benefit of goons IF A PLAYER CHEAPSHOTTED THEM. $99 had goons ready if a player even touched him. Thats a huge difference I'm not sure even God Bless Canada can grasp. Keep clicking ignore... and checking those stats.

Dave Semenko commented that only twice did he come to the defense of Gretzky. Once was a horrible slash, and the other was a death threat before the game (Semenko got booted before the game even started).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad