shortening one pieces

ArchieIsGod

Mar 2, 2004
hey everyone im getting in the mail today(hopefully today) a new bauer xx and the only other composite ive ever played with was used and already cut down to my height. so i need to know how to cut down the shaft of this new stick if it isnt the right height for me. I know if it has removable butt end i can just take that out and it should be fine, but if it doesnt and its too tall can u just use a regular saw on it, should i take it to a pro shop to have it done? i dont want to ruin the end of the shaft for any future replacement blades...

thanks in advance for the help, i have a game tonight so i need to know asap

VisionQuest*

hack saw (Jim Duggin) sand the top to remove the burs/sharpness and viola.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
hey everyone im getting in the mail today(hopefully today) a new bauer xx and the only other composite ive ever played with was used and already cut down to my height. so i need to know how to cut down the shaft of this new stick if it isnt the right height for me. I know if it has removable butt end i can just take that out and it should be fine, but if it doesnt and its too tall can u just use a regular saw on it, should i take it to a pro shop to have it done? i dont want to ruin the end of the shaft for any future replacement blades...

thanks in advance for the help, i have a game tonight so i need to know asap

Take it to the shop. If you didn't buy it there they might charge you $1.50 to cut it, but it would be worth it. Most of them will have a band saw that cuts it in 3 seconds. Using a hack-saw on a comp can take some time. With the band saw it comes out pretty smooth too. I've done it about a thousand times at the shop and it's really simple with the band-saw.

Best of luck.

ArchieIsGod

Mar 2, 2004
great. thanks guys ill prob just take it to the shop i just wasnt sure if you could cut it yourself, but i should have enough time to stop by on my way to the game:D

VisionQuest*

Hack Saw Dude! Its Tradition! Look On The Tool Bench Of Any Nhl Lockerroom!

ArchieIsGod

Mar 2, 2004
Hack Saw Dude! Its Tradition! Look On The Tool Bench Of Any Nhl Lockerroom!

HAHA yea i just wasnt sure with the type of material its made from if i would crack it or mess it up for a replacement blade down the line...too much money to **** around with, ya kno

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad