Shohei Otani sweepstakes (NYY out, looks like West Coast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Pacific/Lake Michigan > Atlantic/Lakes Ontario/Erie for Ohtani, clearly.

That's madness. Clearly doesn't know shit about the fWAR (fresh water activity resources) from the past year or there's no way he'd be ranking them like that. Dude is a dinosaur when it comes to his understanding of bodies of water. Next he's going to tell me that RBI (reservoir buoyancy index) is a relevant water stat in 2017. Yeah ok, bud...

Reactions: darko

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Michigan* > Huron* > Superior > Ontario > Erie

Search your feelings, you know it's true.

*hydrologically-speaking, actually a single lake. This has been Water Facts with No Fun Shogun.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

*hydrologically-speaking, actually a single lake. This has been Water Facts with No Fun Shogun.

Yeah, obviously Erie is garbage but Lake Ontario actually connects to the Atlantic so it has that going for it. Michigan is the only lake that doesn't cross the Canadian/US border so it's less flexible when it comes to water travel. In any of the other of the lakes you could go back and forth between countries at your leisure. Trump is building a wall, not a dam. In all honesty if you want that cool, crisp water you gotta go Superior imo.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

Yeah but it's the only lake only in Amurica so that give's it a clearly distinct place on the list.

Well, Toronto has this Lake Ontario thing that you can sometimes even swim in so what do you think about that!

I suspect Toronto was "too big" a city for him, as IIRC it has the densest downtown of any city in North America outside of New York and Chicago, and if you count the Golden Horseshoe (which America CMAs do), it's one of the biggest metro's on the continent as well.

That being said, I wonder why Chicago made the list then (although I'd wager it was more so that the Cubs made the list than Chicago did).

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
24775051_1251328971634630_1606898983749417909_n.png

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Seriously trying not to get excited because I know I’ll have my heart ripped out but holy ****, the mariners are actually in this...

Exactly. Its incredibly exciting but I feel like a let down is coming.

:laugh: God bless the NY tabloids. Dependable if nothing else.

I'm a little sad they didn't go for something like "SHOHEI O-TURKEY" though

Reactions: Voight

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
What the f*** do Japanese teams do with the money they get from posting fees? These fees are essentially transfer fees in soccer, which clubs use to buy players that will replace the ones that they sold. But it's baseball. Money isn't gonna buy you proven all-star talent if you're a Japanese club.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Seriously trying not to get excited because I know I’ll have my heart ripped out but holy ****, the mariners are actually in this...

When it comes to Japanese players Mariners are always a chance.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
What the **** do Japanese teams do with the money they get from posting fees? These fees are essentially transfer fees in soccer, which clubs use to buy players that will replace the ones that they sold. But it's baseball. Money isn't gonna buy you proven all-star talent if you're a Japanese club.

Lines the owners pockets, or if its a poor team it can help off set costs.

GuitarGuy

Oct 3, 2017
Canada
I think the Mariners get him. One of the big reasons is there are lot's of Asians living in Seattle so that will help him feel a little more at home.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Well I'd say that's a strong sign of where he is thinking. Although also interesting because money obviously hasn't been an issue with him thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad