Prospect Info: SHL champion Elias Pettersson | SHL scoring champion, playoff MVP, WC gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
Watched some highlights of EP And the best comparison I can come up with is Gilbert Perrault.

The way he danglles shuffles and dekes hockey version of a basketball crossover move.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Was surprised to hear on the radio today that EP coming to North America this year is not a foregone conclusion. It's still apparently a decision that needs to be made by him and his inner circle.

I've heard from some of the Benning bashers that this is preferable as the thinking is that he will save Benning. I actually think it's worse for those wanting Benning gone as I think barring a catastrophe there's no way Benning is gone next year - if he didn't come this would just delay by a year the hope that Benning and co. could sell so I don't really think if you want Benning gone this is the best course of action.

Personally I think he will come over although I would certainly be fine with him staying over in Europe another year - not quite sure what that would prove however I would hope he would put a large emphasis on getting stronger and we have no real need for him right now. If it takes another year of him being away to get stronger I am fine with it although he really has nothing more to prove so I have a hard time believing that scenario. Our team is going to suck either way next year so might as well really throw in the towel and try to get another top 5 pick.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Was surprised to hear on the radio today that EP coming to North America this year is not a foregone conclusion. It's still apparently a decision that needs to be made by him and his inner circle.

I've heard from some of the Benning bashers that this is preferable as the thinking is that he will save Benning. I actually think it's worse for those wanting Benning gone as I think barring a catastrophe there's no way Benning is gone next year - if he didn't come this would just delay by a year the hope that Benning and co. could sell so I don't really think if you want Benning gone this is the best course of action.

Personally I think he will come over although I would certainly be fine with him staying over in Europe another year - not quite sure what that would prove however I would hope he would put a large emphasis on getting stronger and we have no real need for him right now. If it takes another year of him being away to get stronger I am fine with it although he really has nothing more to prove so I have a hard time believing that scenario. Our team is going to suck either way next year so might as well really throw in the towel and try to get another top 5 pick.

January 22

sleepers

May 16, 2013
Stockholm
100% sure, not a single doubt in my mind whatsoever, that Pettersson will join the canucks post this coming season. This is some made-up story for selling papers and clicks.

I've followed hundreds of prospects, and this one will NOT stay. Stop falling for clickbait, please.

Reactions: Robongo01

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
100% sure, not a single doubt in my mind whatsoever, that Pettersson will join the canucks post this coming season. This is some made-up story for selling papers and clicks.

I've followed hundreds of prospects, and this one will NOT stay. Stop falling for clickbait, please.

This isn't clickbait - this was on 1040 - the fact of the matter is he hasn't decided either way what he is going to do.

I agree I really have a hard time seeing that he will stay over in Europe as he has zero more to prove however people like yourself who seem to think his decision is already made are mistaken as apparently it hasn't. So unless you have some special insight into his life I don't see how you could say otherwise.

So yes - I think and agree he will come over however he has not made up his mind one way or another. He's a very process driven individual who is going to go back to cheer his team on at the World Cup now THEN head home to be with his family and make a decision.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
lots can happen, but the radio rumours on wednesday were just random swedes speculating he may not be ready. there is no actual news, unless two hockey guys in sweden saying they think pettersson might be too skinny for the nhl moves the dial for you.

one comment i'd make is that if i was a swedish hockey guy and wanted him for another year, the way i'd try and influcence pettersson would be to gently speculate he might not be ready and thereby feed any doubts he might personally have, and also count on it stirring up a shitstorm over here that might get him worried about high expectations.

a more realistic concern would be to look at what happened with dahlen last year and consider that the canucks having set that precedent would have no choice but to give pettersson the same leeway to choose to go to sweden if he didn't make the big team.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
DdeOqPbU0AAGjtk.jpg:large

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Hope to god hes MUCH better then Perrault

I have to believe you have no idea who Gilbert Perreault was.

If Pettersson can match Gilbert's exploits, the Canucks will have had one of the best hockey players of all time in Elias.

#28 all-time in assists
#33 all-time in points
#40 all time in goals scored
8 All-Star team selections
17 years in the NHL
Calder Trophy and Lady Byng winner

There's more, but that should wake you up and caution you to look players up that you have never heard of in your short history of following the NHL before making outlandish statements that only reduce your credibility as a poster.

Reasoned Opinion

May 21, 2009
Logic Land
What are you misunderstanding here? Gillis was fired a year after his extension. Benning can be too. And he's barely restocked anything...every team that's been as bad as the Canucks have been will have better prospects, that's nothing special. Benning has been the worst GM in Canucks history, the worst GM in the NHL, and has really decimated this teams future with some of the awful moves he's made. But hey, I'm glad to see you're happy with him building the worst team in the NHL over the last 3 years despite the fact his intent was to make the playoffs each of those years...trading away picks and prospects to do so.
baa371b8e1e371588bde8100bf176ac5--so-funny-funny-shit.jpg

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I have to believe you have no idea who Gilbert Perreault was.

If Pettersson can match Gilbert's exploits, the Canucks will have had one of the best hockey players of all time in Elias.

#28 all-time in assists
#33 all-time in points
#40 all time in goals scored
8 All-Star team selections
17 years in the NHL
Calder Trophy and Lady Byng winner

There's more, but that should wake you up and caution you to look players up that you have never heard of in your short history of following the NHL before making outlandish statements that only reduce your credibility as a poster.
O yeah thought he was referring to the other one never mind yeah your right my bad

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
His game needs major major work.

He was healing my Orc tank on The Nighthold raid, and he just kept on blowing it. His Tauren druid just couldn't keep up...I dunno. It was like he was wearing greens or blues just for a laugh, but seriously. Just a few taps and my health just cratered, and I'm maxxing out with the latest raid gear. This guy? No idea what he was thinking. Was like a pug group with him on healz. Just sad.

Oh wait, my bad. This was supposed to go in the Juolevi thread.

Reactions: Grub

lakers11

Aug 23, 2014
Rumors are starting to flow that Elias will stay 1 more year in Växjö. Sounds too good to be true but my god if thats the case.....Växjö will plow through the opponents next season too

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Rumors are starting to flow that Elias will stay 1 more year in Växjö. Sounds too good to be true but my god if thats the case.....Växjö will plow through the opponents next season too
Rumours also flowing that he will sign his ELC after the Worlds are finished. We’ll see what happens in the next little while

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Own up to your nonsensical posts and you won't have to ask people to get off your back. That post of yours on Perrault was painful to read and that is really saying something.

And you wonder why people tune you out.

I think he made an honest mistake. He was thinking of Yannick Perrault. It's not an error an old fart like me would make, but understandable several generations down the line.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad