SHL/Allsvenskan 2017-18 General Discussion

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Season ended not long ago but i am hungry for a new season already.

Atm i think Frölunda and Malmö have the strongest team on the paper:

Gustafsson
Mattsson

Almqvist - Sigalet
Dahlin - Donovan
Nørstebø - Gunnarsson

Hjalmarsson - Lundqvist - Lasch
Olofsson - Westerholm - Westerholm
Bergenheim - Andersson - Friberg
Olsen - Ehn - Stålberg

Grundström have contract but i read somwhere that he will play for Marlies next season. And whats the deal with Olsen? 26 year old non-physical guy from norway playing on the 4th line makes no sense. I would buy some gritty young swedish dude from Allsvenskan instead.

Alsenfelt
Nihlstorp

New - New
Arell - N.Andersson
Olsson - E.Andersson

Rakshani - Miele - Alvarez
Storm - Händemark - Hardt
Görtz - Forssell - Zaar
Olofsson - Forsberg - Rosdahl

Alsenfelt and Görtz are not official yet, but according to the blogger Mrmadhawk they have a deal with the club and he is trustworthy.

Sylvegård the GM said that he wants to add 2 star-defenders.

I would have prefer the young austrian Haudum instead of Forssell but this will not happen...

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Färjestad looks good too.

Haugen
Stéen

Virtanen - Melart
Wikstrand - Tollefsen
Erixon - Grundel

Nygård - Ryno - A.Johansson
Axelsson - Asplund - Martin Johansson
Törngren - New? - Lindqvist
Nilsson - L.Persson - Ã…slund

3C need to be added, no way O.Steen is good enough.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
What would you say about Lulea and their chances in next several seasons? Not following SHL closely mainly because I can't watch it nor can I speak Swedish, but I always liked Lulea and the league itself, so trying to follow livescore at least.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
We really like MRO. He's gritty, a good PK-player and a great forechecker. Nice agitatior as well. And Nyberg will play over N�rsteb� and Gunnarsson, Nyberg - Donovan won't be split up.

My lines at the moment:
Olofsson - Lundqvist - Lasch
Grundstr�m - Westerholm - Westerholm
Rosseli Olsen - Ehn - St�lberg
Hjalmarsson

Nyberg - Donovan
Dahlin - Sigalet
Almqvist - Westerlund
N�rsteb� - Gunnarsson
Johannesen

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
What would you say about Lulea and their chances in next several seasons? Not following SHL closely mainly because I can't watch it nor can I speak Swedish, but I always liked Lulea and the league itself, so trying to follow livescore at least.

They added a good coach in Thomas Berglund but their roster so far looks bad.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011

They added a good coach in Thomas Berglund but their roster so far looks bad.

Their big chance is if they can hit great years of some of the young players they have in Emanuelsson, Gustavsson and Lundeström before leaving and others while maybe getting some former players back, dream would be Omark or Wallmark to lead the offense.

I think it's very unlikely they can be a contender for the next 2-3 years, though. Their core is too far behind at least 4-5 teams.

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010

The 2017/2018 season should be better than the trainwreck that was the 2016/2017 season. At least we will have a real coach this year.

The team doesn't look that good though, there are too many "what ifs" and we have too many keyplayers that have issues with injuries. Most players have to take a step forward if we want to be able to at least fight for a top6 spot. I will be happy as long as we finish in the top10. We are still looking for our 1C, hopefully it will be someone better than Tim Kennedy this time.

It will be very exciting to see how both Lundeström and Einar Emanuelsson will look, they will probably be our highlights for the next season.

For the 2018/2019 season there are talk/rumors that both Linus Omark and Linus Klasen will return, if that happens we should be one of the better teams in the league.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
We really like MRO. He's gritty, a good PK-player and a great forechecker. Nice agitatior as well. And Nyberg will play over Nørstebø and Gunnarsson, Nyberg - Donovan won't be split up.

My lines at the moment:
Olofsson - Lundqvist - Lasch
Grundström - Westerholm - Westerholm
Rosseli Olsen - Ehn - Stålberg
Hjalmarsson

Nyberg - Donovan
Dahlin - Sigalet
Almqvist - Westerlund
Nørstebø - Gunnarsson
Johannesen

We're hoping he stays in North America.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
We're hoping he stays in North America.

We're not ;)
Since he's drafted outside the first round and had a contract with us we should have the right to have him play in the SHL instead of the AHL if he does not grab a spot on the Leafs roster. However, we had the same situation with Tom Nilsson and let him go, so if Grundström really wants to be in NA I think we'd let him go as well.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Which are the notable additions/acquisitions in SHL for this upcoming season?

Dick Axelsson to Färjestad, I would say is a major one, as well as the Westerholm brothers to Frölunda.

Mayuu

Mar 10, 2017
Which are the notable additions/acquisitions in SHL for this upcoming season?

Dick Axelsson to Färjestad, I would say is a major one, as well as the Westerholm brothers to Frölunda.

Ryan Lasch to Frölunda, Viktor Fasth to Växsjö

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Ryan Lasch to Frölunda, Viktor Fasth to Växsjö

I forgot about those. Which team has improved their roster the most since last season? I know you always have to factor in losing a big chunk of the squad every season. Hard to say, I guess.

Mayuu

Mar 10, 2017
I forgot about those. Which team has improved their roster the most since last season? I know you always have to factor in losing a big chunk of the squad every season. Hard to say, I guess.

A lot of interesting squads this year, still early since some teams might lose some players in the NHL camps. Växsjö looks strong as always, Malmö could upset some with their great goalies. LHC feels very hit or miss. My top 5 is Frölunda, Växsjö, Malmö, Skellefteå and HV71

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
A lot of interesting squads this year, still early since some teams might lose some players in the NHL camps. Växsjö looks strong as always, Malmö could upset some with their great goalies. LHC feels very hit or miss. My top 5 is Frölunda, Växsjö, Malmö, Skellefteå and HV71

It's promising to see Malmö mentioned as a contender. It's important to have the league represent a large portion of the country. It's hard to fathom how Stockholm can be so lackluster, however, considering the talent pool from that area.

Mayuu

Mar 10, 2017
It's promising to see Malmö mentioned as a contender. It's important to have the league represent a large portion of the country. It's hard to fathom how Stockholm can be so lackluster, however, considering the talent pool from that area.

Give Djurgården a few years, they are still rebuilding with a lot of new staff and such. They will bounce back eventually.

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
Gonna be a real tight race for the top 6 spots. Been a long time since the league was this even. So excited for this season!

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Hey guys. I just had a question about Jesper Lindgren who played in Allsvenskan last season for Modo.
His point totals look impressive but sometimes they dont tell you everything.
For people that watched him on a regular basis, how did he look? Do you think he has an NHL future? A brief outlook on how his season went and analysis on him.
His draft scouting reports looked good at the time.
Thanks!

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Lindgren is probably my favorite "unknown" prospect. His lack of physical maturity has been holding him back but I think he's probably the best 97 born Swedish D when the puck is on his stick. He's not bad defensively either, just has to get stronger.

stars33

Jan 29, 2011
New York
Eleven sports USA is going to carry SHL games in the United states. Channel 597 on Verizon in long island NY.

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
Brynäs were impressive in Helsinki during CHL.

I've just started watching SHL so what are their chances this season along with Djurgården?

I guess Frölunda are the team to beat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad