Shipachyov Suspended (Update v3: He Gone)

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
If he's not there, I'm hoping he's packing his ****.

Methinks it's now time to cut ties with this mistake however it can be done.

Also, I'm wondering what family this is that's mentioned. I went to one of the preseason VGK practices at City National, and there was a large contingent of folks speaking Russian outside the rink.

Maybe just some local Russians there for support. If not, Shippy may have brought over his entire extended family! :huh:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
You're kidding me. He was on the ice with the Wolves yesterday morning at practice. They even have 2 Russian speakers in Osipov and Barbashev.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
looks like the golden knights suspended shippy. expectation is if he's not traded, contract will be voided and he'll go back to russia.

how disappointing.

Reactions: Morrison

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Not many euro free agents will be signing with VGK in the near future with how GMGM handled the situation. This team will fall because of GMGM once the honeymoon phase runs its ground.

Respectfully, that is just plain silly.

Ship was given every opportunity to prove himself NHL worthy. I assume you have watched every game (as I have) and attended a game or two.

If you did, you would agree that Ship sometimes did not seem engaged with the action. I honestly was wondering whether he was injured. He has not played a Malkin-style game, rushing to the puck and digging for the puck against the boards. He was not someone for throwing his body into the play.

Let's see: 2 million pepperonis for a signing bonus. That's more than the a lot of fans will make in a quarter century of work.

Reactions: Northern Knights

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
looks like the golden knights suspended shippy. expectation is if he's not traded, contract will be voided and he'll go back to russia.

how disappointing.

Figuratively, yes.

In actuality: put on waivers (yes, again) for purpose of contract cancellation; then cancel contract after clearing. Team could also just leave him suspended and even toll contract if they wanted to keep his rights.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
No one is coming to trade for him. His attitude is just like his play on the ice so far. Waiting for it to come to him instead of going out and getting it himself.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
He has not played a Malkin-style game, rushing to the puck and digging for the puck against the boards. He was not someone for throwing his body into the play.

He's not that kind of player. If Vegas didn't know that then the fault is all theirs.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
1) Ship was given every opportunity to prove himself NHL worthy.

2) ...rushing to the puck and digging for the puck against the boards. He was not someone for throwing his body into the play.

1) 10 minutes in 3 games and he scored the same amount of goals as McDavid and Ovechkin together. Someone did not watch his own team or someone is just a hater.

2) Perfect description of a 4th line player. Shipachev was brought to play on 1st/2nd line.

Last edited:

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

So now that Vadim Shipachyov has been suspended without pay by the Vegas Golden Knights, what can we expect next?

Well, while nothing is carved in stone by any means, the best odds on the morning line favour him eventually winding up back in the KHL.

There has been some trade talk between other NHL teams and Vegas general manager George McPhee, but the sense is that it can be characterized as “low level” to this point.

The player obviously isn't prepared to bide his time in the American Hockey League, and the Knights don't have a spot for him on their NHL roster. Shipachyov’s agent, Petr Svoboda, has permission to help broker a trade with another NHL team, but there doesn't appear to be anything on the front burner there.

The logical assumption, for now anyway, is that Svoboda is exploring options in Russia. In order for that to happen, the player would have to be prepared to walk away from his NHL contract.

So unless things pick up on the trade front – possible but doubtful – or the player opts to report to Chicago of the AHL – also possible but also doubtful – we’ll start watching the NHL waiver wire to see if Shipachyov is put on unconditional waivers for the purpose of mutually agreed termination of his contract.

That didn't happen today, but it will be something to keep an eye on in the days ahead.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->