Waived: Shinkaruk, Poirier, and Wotherspoon.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
2014-15 Poirier would have been an insta-claim. "Luckily" his talent has gone full Space Jam. I think he's got a good season coming up, and then like Mike Hoffman people will be looking back and wondering how this guy cleared waivers.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Making large decisions based on a few preseason games is bad management. Kulak will be great and we'll all laugh at the thought that about half of you wanted him waived instead of Bartkowski or Spoon.

Nobody would have claimed Kulak also. He is still young so he can still develop but at this point he has done nothing and his skillset is very average at best. There is nothing special from him.

Also, It's good that they waive them early. At this point every team has a bunch of their own prospects to evaluate as well, it's easier to pass through the waiver.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
2014-15 Poirier would have been an insta-claim. "Luckily" his talent has gone full Space Jam. I think he's got a good season coming up, and then like Mike Hoffman people will be looking back and wondering how this guy cleared waivers.

yeah but because he was just drafted

you drank too much Koolaid. None of these prospects are any good. At least not any better than anybody else prospects. The Flames (T Button) sucks at scouting and drafting.

But if we all listen to you, some of these guys are going to be superstars.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Which kinda proves my point. Granlund wasn't going to get far with the Flames, and now he's being pushed down the depth chart in Vancouver, too.
I definitely don't disagree.

I am of the belief Granlund was moved because his waiver exempt status was about to disappear, so they moved him for a similar skill prospect that had another year of exempt status.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Nobody would have claimed Kulak also. He is still young so he can still develop but at this point he has done nothing and his skillset is very average at best. There is nothing special from him.

Also, It's good that they waive them early. At this point every team has a bunch of their own prospects to evaluate as well, it's easier to pass through the waiver.

I disagree. There is a reason he is still up despite a few poor games. The management is high on him. Like most young players he's had his struggles. But that's what happens with young players. They struggle. But you give them time and games to figure it out and it pays off in the end.

The Flames have produced about as much NHL talent since the 2011 draft. So I don't know how you can say Todd Button sucks.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Kulak is a decent prospect, sure. He’s a good skater, smart, passes well, but he’s soft in his own zone which is his main job and he’s had a quite poor preseason, pretty hard to dispute that. If he got waived, no one would claim him just like how in the summer Deryk Engelland was the choice of the Knights instead of claiming Kulak for free.

Kulak is decent and I’m sure he’s going to be an every day NHL’er, but he’s projecting as a modern day bottom pairing defender. Nothing wrong with that, just what he is.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
yeah but because he was just drafted

you drank too much Koolaid. None of these prospects are any good. At least not any better than anybody else prospects. The Flames (T Button) sucks at scouting and drafting.

But if we all listen to you, some of these guys are going to be superstars.

I don't agree with this whatsoever.

Emile Poirier was tracking extremely well after his D+1 and D+2 seasons. He ran in to some circumstance that nobody could have possibly foreseen which has ultimately thrown his development off of the hinges. There is no doubt in my mind that he has the physical tools and skillset to become a viable top nine NHL forward, the question however remains if he can overcome his personal issues and recommit himself to becoming the player he was projecting to be just a few years ago.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The Flames have produced about as much NHL talent since the 2011 draft. So I don't know how you can say Todd Button sucks.

Other than Gaudreau and the high lottery picks, what talent have they produced?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->