Sher-Wood 5030 Coffey model appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly Adams

May 28, 2002
San Jose
You and me dissagree about everything. That stick is a peice of crap. It's light, I'll give you that, but they break very fast and lose their stiffness quickly. Aside from that, I can't stand the Coffey curve either. Just an FYI, it is an illegal curve.

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Yea, I've used a bunch of those 5030's and they are pretty weak. The flex goes fast and the blades aren't durable at all. Still the classic wood stick and it has good performance for its first 10 hours of hockey.

Avery4Byng*

I hear ya brother, I am currently using this model as well and it is such a beauty! :bow:

mooseOAK*

Good stick, I like the Modano and Yzerman curves also.

Unfortunately I go through sticks at a wicked rate compared to other people. About five of those composite or metal shafts alone in the last four years or so.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
spacelobster said:
You and me dissagree about everything. That stick is a peice of crap. It's light, I'll give you that, but they break very fast and lose their stiffness quickly. Aside from that, I can't stand the Coffey curve either. Just an FYI, it is an illegal curve.

Actually, they last longer than any other wood stick I've ever tried, with the exception of the old Koho's (think Lafleur era). And the curve is NOT illegal, it is exactly 1/2 inch mid-toe curve. I shoot a LOT harder with a new Coffey Sher-Wood than I can with a Vapor XXX, I can tell you that! Plus, it's only about $25 US, so I can go through 7.5 of them to match what I would spend on the one-piece (which have WEAK curves, anyway).

I'll stay with the tried-and-true wood stick, or at least a shaft/wood blade combo with the Sher-Wood Coffey pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->