Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe Fired -- Discussion Thread

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
Thanks for all the respect in the handshake line.

He'll need to change his system to be more off the rush based in the future if he truly wants playoff success.

I assume he'll be in Pittsburgh as the AHL coach by next week

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I don't hate Keefe, I think he did his best and this year he did a decent job with some glaring holes on the roster and adversity. He's not an asshole like Babcock was.

That being said, he failed to elevate this team when it mattered, and it was time for him to go.

Probably gets an interview in New Jersey?
He would be a great fit there tbh.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
That’s a start i guess, not confident anything else significant will happen
Neither am I, in fact they're probably gonna run a more scapegoat oriented narrative on Keefe to justify giving the core another chance.

Reactions: GoonieFace

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
He seemed like a nice enough person, and I honestly won't doubt it if he finds more success with another team next

This was 100% the right call though. They need a shakeup in systems and even how they motivate/focus the guys. Keefe seemed to second guess himself too much in the postseason especially, and (more so in past years than this one) would make too many random changes
He got his NHL opportunity, he has good regular season numbers, good person from all accounts and did nothing to embarrass himself or the franchise a la Babs. He will find work again. I hope he does and wish him luck.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
I don't hate Keefe, I think he did his best and this year he did a decent job with some glaring holes on the roster and adversity. He's not an asshole like Babcock was.

That being said, he failed to elevate this team when it mattered, and it was time for him to go.

He would be a great fit there tbh.
I agree.
But at the same time... that's what the 11M+ is for... for the players to elevate their game when it matters.

Reactions: arso40

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I wonder if the players even consider that they caused Keefe to be the scapegoat.

Nah, probably not.
Most players feel bad when the coach is let go.
Scapegoat? You think the firing was unjust?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad