Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe Fired -- Discussion Thread

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Nah. Doesnt work that way. This is a billion dollar organization which you arent realizing. I believe in process. They did not interview anyone else. Ask yourself this - If you were going to build a house, would you only get 1 contractor's quote? OR would you get maybe 2-3 so you can compare costs and get a better feel for the person executing your vison? Same thing applies here.

If the contractor had worked on many other jobs for me that were smaller and did a good job, I'd hire him. Silly analogy.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Lol. That's why you'd get rinsed and clearly too inept for a topic like this

Your analogy is silly.

The other contracts in this situation have all been fired from their current job for performing poorly.

I'd get the one who I trust with the work, agree with his past work, and a neighbor didn't fire.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Your analogy is silly.

The other contracts in this situation have all been fired from their current job for performing poorly.

I'd get the one who I trust with the work, agree with his past work, and a neighbor didn't fire.
No you're just clueless.

According to you, you were happy how your contractor built your shed. Once you want to build a mansion (because we can all agree thats what the Leafs are), you would not seek other opinions/costs.

You got it in the teeth and again too inept to talk on the topic. This is a billion dollar organization. Dubas ran a mickey mouse process

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
No you're just clueless.

According to you, you were happy how your contractor built your shed. Once you want to build a mansion (because we can all agree thats what the Leafs are), you would not seek other opinions/costs.

You got it in the teeth and again too inept to talk on the topic. This is a billion dollar organization. Dubas ran a mickey mouse process

If the AHL is a shed, is the KHL a dog house?

The AHL is a house compared to a mansion...

Regardless... they promoted someone from within the organization with the credentials needed, I see no issue.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
If the AHL is a shed, is the KHL a dog house?

The AHL is a house compared to a mansion...

Regardless... they promoted someone from within the organization with the credentials needed, I see no issue.
Regardless no one would agree with you. Dubas ran a piss poor process for the on ice leader of a billion dollar organization Lol. I actually blame Shanny even more for allowing that nonsense.

Reactions: CaptainCrunch17

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
This is all such tripe. It's very obviously going to be Berube. It's what the Leafs do - there is a "big" name available, so regardless of actual diligence or fit, they will just go get the big name. It's how Treliving landed here, it's how Babcock landed here, and it will be how Berube lands here. I hope it works out.
Lou and Babs put us on a rocket ship to progress and Tre has been great. Deviating from your speculated approach was recently an unbelievable disaster.

If they land the most coveted coach currently available, it doesn't support some pattern of ineptitude.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Lou and Babs put us on a rocket ship to progress and Tre has been great. Deviating from your speculated approach was recently an unbelievable disaster.

If they land the most coveted coach currently available, it doesn't support some pattern of ineptitude.

Lou and Babs put us on a rocketship to progress?

Is that why Babcock's last year they were not going to make the playoffs?

Lou's contribution to the team was being able to build a loser, which is valuable at times, so I thank him for that.

Cassell

Apr 28, 2024
Honestly, the more time I spend thinking about Berube as the potential next coach, the less enthusiastic I am about the prospect of the Leafs actually hiring him. Yea he won the Cup, but what has he done before and since?

Two years coaching Philadelphia. One year out in the first round, one year missed the playoffs entirely.

Five years coaching St. Louis. Won the Cup his first year, then out in the first round the next two years, the second round the year after that, and then missed entirely the final year.

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021

Lou's contribution to the team was being able to build a loser, which is valuable at times, so I thank him for that.
Babs refused to work with a nincompoop but had golden handcuffs, so he got himself paid to avoid devastating failure. Thats how these things play out.

Yes Lou followed the process but pulled off the the greatest rebuild of all time and handed us a dynasty on a silver platter. Apparently he can win cups, rebuild, and win multiple GM of the year awards across three teams.

Reactions: CaptainCrunch17

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

1715393214914.jpeg

Lou Lamoriello, 78, honored as NHL's general manager of year after another stellar season for New York Islanders​

NEW YORK -- Lou Lamoriello of the New York Islanders has won the Jim Gregory general manager of the year award for the second straight year, 2020 & 2021 adding yet another keepsake to a stellar career.

Lamoriello has built the stingy Islanders much like he did the New Jersey Devils in the 1980s and 1990s. New Jersey, built on defense and goaltending during Lamoriello's tenure, won the Stanley Cup three times under his watch, and it won the Eastern Conference crown two more times before losing in the finals in 2001 and 2012. Lamoriello also held a front-office role with the Toronto Maple Leafs before settling in on Long Island.

Lamoriello's Islanders are in the semifinals of the Stanley Cup playoffs for the second straight year, The 78-year-old Lamoriello, in his third season in charge of the Islanders following three years with the Maple Leafs, is the first two-time winner of the award that was first handed out in 2010.

The biggest mistake Shanahan made was to let Lou Lam walk and hand the keys to an inexperience Dubas. MLSE should have let Shanahan go and let Lamoriello take over as President and GM.

Last edited:

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
View attachment 868694

Lou Lamoriello, 78, honored as NHL's general manager of year after another stellar season for New York Islanders​

NEW YORK -- Lou Lamoriello of the New York Islanders has won the Jim Gregory general manager of the year award for the second straight year, 2020 & 2021 dding yet another keepsake to a stellar career.

Lamoriello has built the stingy Islanders much like he did the New Jersey Devils in the 1980s and 1990s. New Jersey, built on defense and goaltending during Lamoriello's tenure, won the Stanley Cup three times under his watch, and it won the Eastern Conference crown two more times before losing in the finals in 2001 and 2012. Lamoriello also held a front-office role with the Toronto Maple Leafs before settling in on Long Island.

Lamoriello's Islanders are in the semifinals of the Stanley Cup playoffs for the second straight year, The 78-year-old Lamoriello, in his third season in charge of the Islanders following three years with the Maple Leafs, is the first two-time winner of the award that was first handed out in 2010.

The biggest mistake Shanahan made was to let Lou Lam walk and hand the keys to and inexperience Dubas. MLSE should have let Shanhan go and let Lamoriello take over as President and GM.
I don't know, Mess! Lou made his share of head scratchers. Traded Verhague to get Grabner. Signed Marleau to a contract that handcuffed enough to have to give up a 1st to offload him. That 1st became Seth Jarvis who would have been some much needed scoring depth guy for us.

I do wonder if he would have handled the contracts differently for the core 4.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I don't know, Mess! Lou made his share of head scratchers. Traded Verhague to get Grabner. Signed Marleau to a contract that handcuffed enough to have to give up a 1st to offload him. That 1st became Seth Jarvis who would have been some much needed scoring depth guy for us.

Dubas chose to trade a 1st round pick away to offload Marleau.

That was his choice and his choice only, after putting himself into cap-hell signing Tavares.

If Brad signs a player that costs $11M in July (the same as Tavares' caphit) and has to trade three 1st round picks away for a team to take Tavares off our roster does that mean Dubas is to blame?

You realize how ridiculous it sounds blaming the next guy for going on a shopping spree knowing full-well he already has other obligations to payroll?

I think a teenager could wrap their head around budgeting concepts like this, but I admit I'm really not that well-versed in the Brock sports management curriculum.

Maybe the post-secondary system is to blame and not Dubas.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
View attachment 868694

NEW YORK -- Lou Lamoriello of the New York Islanders has won the Jim Gregory general manager of the year award for the second straight year, 2020 & 2021 dding yet another keepsake to a stellar career.

I'm not reading all this... if I wanted to read an article I would.

Assuming it is pointless like usual.

The biggest mistake Shanahan made was to let Lou Lam walk and hand the keys to and inexperience Dubas. MLSE should have let Shanhan go and let Lamoriello take over as President and GM.

100%, we could be doing as well as the Islanders right now... almost missing the playoffs.

"But he took them to the conference finals"

Ya, when the team was barely his... they've continually gotten worse, also you can thank Trotz.

Babs refused to work with a nincompoop but had golden handcuffs, so he got himself paid to avoid devastating failure. Thats how these things play out.

Yes Lou followed the process but pulled off the the greatest rebuild of all time and handed us a dynasty on a silver platter. Apparently he can win cups, rebuild, and win multiple GM of the year awards across three teams.

So the man who is full of ego purposely got himself fired by being a bad coach?

Are the players chokers or not?

If they are amazing players, then we should keep them all with Treliving and let him build the team... if not, then Lou messed up the rebuild by getting chokers.

Lou hasn't won anything recently... GM of the year doesn't count, it is literally just an award for people who sucked the year before and didn't the next year

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles

Lou gave Engvall a 7-year deal. Not sure he would have been much better.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I'm not reading all this... if I wanted to read an article I would.

Assuming it is pointless like usual.

100%, we could be doing as well as the Islanders right now... almost missing the playoffs.

"But he took them to the conference finals"

Ya, when the team was barely his... they've continually gotten worse, also you can thank Trotz.

If they are amazing players, then we should keep them all with Treliving and let him build the team... if not, then Lou messed up the rebuild by getting chokers.

Lou hasn't won anything recently... GM of the year doesn't count, it is literally just an award for people who sucked the year before and didn't the next year

Hmm.

Lou - Cup x 3, first ballot Hall of Fame, GM of the Year x 2 , too many playoff rounds to count....

Idol -

41916110675_2288032fdc_o.jpg

And one NHL playoff round win with a notable amount of respect in the handshake line one other time.

Am I missing anything else?

:laugh:

Reactions: Cleetus

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Hmm.

Lou - Cup x 3, first ballot Hall of Fame, GM of the Year x 2 , too many playoff rounds to count....

Idol -

41916110675_2288032fdc_o.jpg

And one NHL playoff round win with a notable amount of respect in the handshake line one other time.

Am I missing anything else?

:laugh:

You're weird... always bringing up Dubas...

As for Lou... he's been a GM for almost 40 years, I would expect more for how he is talked about honestly.

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021

No, it was a him or me situation that ultimately fails if it lingers. Very common executive behavior under drastic circumstances.

Thats a flase dichotomy and there is an important variable between Lou and Tre. It's complicated now. Everything is.

You will need to offer more than this:

ME - 'Apparently he can win cups, rebuild, and win multiple GM of the year awards across three teams.'

YOU - 'Lou hasn't won anything recently... GM of the year doesn't count, it is literally just an award for people who sucked the year before and didn't the next year'

Reactions: Bomber0104

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
You're weird... always bringing up Dubas...

As for Lou... he's been a GM for almost 40 years, I would expect more for how he is talked about honestly.

Always bringing him up to hammer it home to people like you how big of a loser he was and still is.

When you go thread to thread trying to hype up one of the biggest loser GM's in recent NHL history, yep you're going to get dog-piled by pretty much everyone.

It's why everyone on this forum keeps dunking on every single angle you come at. :laugh:

Any casual viewer here will see this too, and it helps separate the good information from, well...your "ideas".

Last edited:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Always bringing him up to hammer it home to people like you how big of a loser he was and still is.

What do you call Treliving?

When you go thread to thread trying to hype up one of the biggest loser GM's in recent NHL history, yep you're going to get dog-piled by pretty much everyone.

It's why everyone on this forum keeps dunking on every single angle you come at. :laugh:

Any casual viewer here will see this too, and it helps separate the good information from, well...your "ideas".

I just assume a lot of people I'm responding to are children (or the IQ of one) based on their responses... I don't think much of their responses but sometimes it is enjoyable to respond to see what they say next, it is entertainment.

I've never felt "dunked on" when everyone just posts emotional responses and rarely ever addresses anything in my posts... this is exhibit A of that.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
What do you call Treliving?

I just assume a lot of people I'm responding to are children (or the IQ of one) based on their responses... I don't think much of their responses but sometimes it is enjoyable to respond to see what they say next, it is entertainment.

I've never felt "dunked on" when everyone just posts emotional responses and rarely ever addresses anything in my posts... this is exhibit A of that.

Just because you don't realize how bad your arguments are doesn't mean they aren't getting absolutely destroyed.

Having self-awareness helps in that.

It's just one of those things you either have or you don't.

Spending 7 years hyping up a proven loser like Dubas and getting proven wrong, I guess there's no other choice than to keep pretending like it didn't happen that way.

This would be a great case study.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
Your analogy is silly.

And now this trusted contractor f.cked up your house with walls crumbling and tiles falling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad