Proposal: Sheary for Top4 LD

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
You won't get a top 4 D for Sheary.

And as far as Reilly is concerned, Habs are very thin as far as LHD goes, I don't think he's available.

BUT, like some implied, Calvin de Haan ?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Sheary tends to be undervalued around here, but in no world is he getting a top 4 defenseman, left-handed or not. If he's dealt for a NHLer it'd be a third pairing guy, which...meh.

Mid/late 2nd rounder is his value, maybe early 3rd + 5th.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I think it is tougher to trade Hunwick than it is to trade Sheary.

I think Sheary has value to teams who want to get younger and faster.
For example EDM, where he could play with McDavid, which wpuld be an insane fast and creative duo.

He does have value there. Just not a "top 4D" type of value. We could get a pick or a different roster player or something like that for him and likely trade him fairly easily. But we won't get a top 4D for him.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Trade a 7th to Dallas for Hamhuis' rights and sign him before he hits free agency. Pens like ex-Stars defensemen, right?:D

I've brought his name up a lot this off season. I'd LOVE to get Hamhuis here. I think he's exactly what we need, and wouldn't cost a ton.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Just sign John Moore and trade Sheary for assets.

The new NHL is being build on speed and competitiveness and a guy like Sheary will bring back a solid pick or prospect at the very least.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Connor Sheary won't return you a 'Legit' Top4 Defenseman.

I think his value is a mid 2nd round pick.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
i mean sure if you want to include a swap of the Blues 2nd round pick (they have one this year, right?) for a Pens 5th round pick
Antipin is with buffalo.

But on a side note we’ll give ya Chris thorburn and a 2nd for a 1st and Simon lmao

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Sheary holds pretty much no value. Every team has guys like him on their team and the most he would get would be a 3rd rounder to the Pens could clear some cap.

Dmen are also at a premium atm and most teams aren't trading them.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Michael Del Zotto comeon down! You’re the next contestant on Make this Defenceman good again Pitts!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad