Rumor: Sheahan to Pittsburgh?

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
I signed up to the Athletic and generally feel their articles feel off like they dont usually have a conclusion.

But that article was one of the few very high quality ones.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Unbelieveable article about Sheahan.

https://theathletic.com/106444/2017...rgettable-bond-forged-over-the-hardest-times/

Probably best from Custance ever written.

Sheahan has turned into a stand up dude, and it sounds like Stonehouse had a huge part in that. RIP to a dad taken from his family in such a scenario.

This doesn't change the fact that the best move for Sheahan is probably for the Wings to deal him to Pittsburgh and that it is likely if AA gets his head screwed on straight he affects the Wings future one hell of a lot more than Sheahan.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
I've seen projections leaving Nosek off of Vegas' opening night roster. It he gets waived it would make sense for the Wings to put in a claim, particularly if Sheahan is traded.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Heck yeah. Nosek playes above his skillset, those kind of guys can be great.

I'm a Nosek fan, too. I think he's a guy that could slide in up and down the lineup and find ways of contributing, you never question his effort, and he seems to excel at that ugly, muck it up stuff that too many of our guys don't excel at.

Even if we keep Sheahan, I'd rather have Nosek than Frk/Booth/Parenteau.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I've seen projections leaving Nosek off of Vegas' opening night roster. It he gets waived it would make sense for the Wings to put in a claim, particularly if Sheahan is traded.

Do teams have any preferential waiver position with respect to players that were lost in the expansion draft?

Add me to the list of posters who would put a claim in for Nosek if they do waive him.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I don't care about missing out on Pouliot, so much as we haven't gotten rid of Sheahan. If it's "inevitable" that he is gone...then he should have already been gone. Like at the deadline, last year, when his value was much higher.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
The Pens have 1 pick per round if they are trading

from the Pens website on the trade:

By acquiring a fourth-round selection, Pittsburgh once again owns seven choices in the 2018 NHL Draft, including its own pick in the first, second, third, fifth, sixth and seventh rounds. The Penguins traded their own fourth-round selection to the Tampa Bay Lightning last March in a deal that brought defenseman Mark Streit to Pittsburgh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->