Player Discussion Shea Weber

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Shut him down for the season.

Agreed. No need bringing him back to finish out this ****show and failure of a season. Anyway MB needs this Weber injury as his go to excuse for why the Habs had such an awful season during his end of season press conference. You all know that's what's likely gonna happen especially if they shut Weber down for the rest of the season.

Reactions: Runner77 and JLP

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
honestly it sounds more and more like Molson needs the cash...

We save a million on Petry, Drouin, and Shaw, while Price goes from $7M to $15M.

The only players that will make more next season than last season are Price, Deslauriers, and Gallagher.

Salary wise Molson will save money unless Bergevin signs someone to a stupid deal.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
First, I do hope Weber fully recovers and not have any lingering effects both on and off-ice. I’m sure if a skate hurts, boots and shoes are probably no walks in the park.

From a hockey operations perspective, forget the idea of trading him for anyone’s playoff push.

Reactions: Runner77

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
First, I do hope Weber fully recovers and not have any lingering effects both on and off-ice. I’m sure if a skate hurts, boots and shoes are probably no walks in the park.

From a hockey operations perspective, forget the idea of trading him for anyone’s playoff push.

I was so angry when I found out he was pretty much injured immediately and kept playing.

Had they just sat him then he'd be 100% right now. Instead he probably made it worse. Not his fault though. He's just a player and he's going to want to play. 100% the team doctors.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
We save a million on Petry, Drouin, and Shaw, while Price goes from $7M to $15M.

The only players that will make more next season than last season are Price, Deslauriers, and Gallagher.

Salary wise Molson will save money unless Bergevin signs someone to a stupid deal.

Come on down 32 year old Paul Stastny. Probably the best UFA center on the market this summer so a desperate MB could likely overpay for him.

Reactions: Runner77

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
His salary gets cut in half next year.

He will now be a $6M defenceman with a $7.8M caphit instead of a $12M defenceman with a $7.8M caphit.

Much easier to move.

Great call

he was never meant to be a hab in the first place, i honestly get the impression he hates it here where as his trade counter-part...for all intense and purposes....absolutely loved it...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Folks a quick reminder to leave the PK talk for the out of town thread. Threadbans are going to be applied liberally here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->