Shawn Belle

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
I'm just wondering what his potential is on the St. Louis blueline. Could he be a Power-Play Quarterback, Top 4 Defensemen, #1 Defensemen, or maybe some other role. My guess is that he'll be a Top 4 Defensemen but I want to hear what the rest of you think.

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
big_steve said:
I'm just wondering what his potential is on the St. Louis blueline. Could he be a Power-Play Quarterback, Top 4 Defensemen, #1 Defensemen, or maybe some other role. My guess is that he'll be a Top 4 Defensemen but I want to hear what the rest of you think.

I think this guy will definitelly be in the nhl in the future. Too much skills and speed for fail. IMO a good number 2 d-man and again IMO he as a steal at the last year draft.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
I think Belle will wind up being something along the lines of Bret Hedican - great skater who doesn't really have the offensive vision to run a powerplay, so he doesn't put up big numbers. Probably a number 3 or 4 guy, assuming he gets more responsible defensively.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
His play has to pick up big time for him to succeed at the next level. Unfortunately, Tri-Cities does not appear to have been a good training ground.

Lard_Lad said:
I think Belle will wind up being something along the lines of Bret Hedican - great skater who doesn't really have the offensive vision to run a powerplay, so he doesn't put up big numbers. Probably a number 3 or 4 guy, assuming he gets more responsible defensively.

I had seen him as more of a Bryan Berard who is wiling to take risks by rushing up the ice and can score some goals. I had just openly postulated in another thread that Belle could be a good power forward. Maybe that's where the Blues see him in a couple of years. It would be worth a try . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad