Sharks Win One; Lose Another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
San Jose, California - In what was turning out to be a solid performance by the Sharks turned around in the 3rd as Pavol Demitra left the game with an apparent hip injury after a collision with Ed Jovanovski and is now day-to-day. A penalty was called on the play to San Jose's Ed Jovanovski for boarding, "When you go to make a hit you usually try to hit a guy on the other team, but unfortunately I got mostly Pavol and very little of the other guy, I'm not sure how I got the penalty but I guess the referee saw it from a different angle" This will now test the resolve of this already fragile team after finally getting a win after its recent slump, "I feel we have the guys in the room to get the job done, Pavol will be missed but I'm sure he will back soon enough to start pushing towards the playoffs" said Peter Forsberg in a post game interview. It is unknown whether Bill Muckalt will get to see his first action of the season in the absence of Demitra, the team did not give any hints as to whether or not that would happen.

Pavol Demitra's injury has definately overshadowed this win, but the Sharks did play a solid game and hope to build on it in the coming games with or without him in the lineup.

Jose Jaws
San Jose Tribune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad