www.half-wallhockey.com
vWRPQpf.jpg

4 years $4 million coming

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Post game all about the poor Hawks. Guess that's the storyline for the year. If the Hawks had won there would have been at least 1M-1.5M on just how good they are. The Sharks blow them out? NADA.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I was at this game when we chanted we want 10 and Marleau obliged with 15 seconds left in the 3rd.

Columbus Blue Jackets vs. San Jose Sharks - Boxscore - March 30, 2002 - ESPN

Oh my god, I think I was at this game. No joke. I would have been 4 years old, almost 5 at the time. I have this very old memory of being at a Sharks game where the Sharks totally routed the Blue Jackets, and I remember being just disgusted with the Blue Jackets, and looking at the scoreboard, seeing something like 8-2. I wasn't old enough to be emotionally invested in hockey and I just remember looking at their bug logo on the Jumbotron and thinking to myself "these guys are just pathetic." It would make sense that we got a quick 2 late in the game to make it 10-2. I have told my parents about this memory many times but this is so cool to get some sort of closure on this; that must have been the game.

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
Oh my god, I think I was at this game. No joke. I would have been 4 years old, almost 5 at the time. I have this very old memory of being at a Sharks game where the Sharks totally routed the Blue Jackets, and I remember being just disgusted with the Blue Jackets, and looking at the scoreboard, seeing something like 8-2. I wasn't old enough to be emotionally invested in hockey and I just remember looking at their bug logo on the Jumbotron and thinking to myself "these guys are just pathetic." It would make sense that we got a quick 2 late in the game to make it 10-2. I have told my parents about this memory many times but this is so cool to get some sort of closure on this; that must have been the game.

You had a good vocabulary for a 4 year old:)

Reactions: Gecklund

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Pavelski on TV postgame interview:

- [what's been the spark offensively?] I don't know, it's a tough role to fill with Jumbo out - we have so much chemistry - guys have just stepped up and made plays, we've gone hard, we're starting to feel our rhythm a little bit more I think
- [what has Evander Kane added?] just a lot of speed, he's a player that plays with an edge, I think we've seen that right from the start, he wants the puck, he's carrying a lot of speed which created some space for us
- [making playoffs in your hands?] yeah for sure I think that's kinda the talk right now, we know it's on us, we play a lot of road games, guys have done a good job battling every night on us, we're in a position where it's up to us, it doesn't matter if they're on the road or home

DeMelo on radio postgame interview:

- it was great, everybody was contributing, we made 'em pay for their mistakes, it's obviously great scoring 7
- [last time scoring 3 assists and getting +4?] oh man, I think back in juniors, I once had a hat trick and that was kinda the most points I ever got in a game
- [on everyone contributing] we're playing our game, we're playing hard, we're going in and out of our end, we're getting breakouts, managing the puck really well, doing a good job of not feeding the other team's rush with turnovers, grinding the O zone, with Kaner there on the first line it gives us another dynamic forward up top, things have been clicking so far
- [on Evander Kane's physicality] it's not just necessarily hitting guys, he's hard on pucks, he's real good in the D zone, getting pucks out, his speed is a great asset for that line, opening things up, driving teams back, they have to respect him and that's freeing up space for Pavs and Donskoi
- [on Meier and Tierney] Timo's another big body too, he's hard to play against, Tierns is having a great year, those guys have a lot of confidence and it's showing
- [on the next game vs Columbus] I expect it to be a very intense game, when we played them in Columbus, the biggest thing was they forechecked very hard, they bring 5 pieces, their D were pushed up on our forwards, it's about playing our game, we feel confident against anybody, but definitely their pressure was something that stood out when we were in Columbus

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You had a good vocabulary for a 4 year old:)

Lmao, I did have a monster vocabulary for a 4 year old, but I think that was more just my general sentiment rather than something I actually said.

Funny enough, I was actually a buccaneers fan during the super bowl where they played the raiders, who were my 2nd favorite team. And I had a fever that game and was being a brat, telling my parents that I was completely disgusted with the effort from Oakland.

Reactions: SnarkAttack

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Wow...how did the Blackhawks get this bad?
Combination of depth getting depleted by bad contracts, and a team that gave up on the season. They aren't as bad as theybwerw tonight or in the standings, but they aren't playing for one another now and have phoned it in.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I was 18 when this game happened (watched it).

Whippersnapper

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
So yeah. Anyone know where all this even strength scoring come from? I like it, but it's so weird that it comes out of no where. Now our PP is in the dumpster though

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Nice! I was old enough to be emotionally invested and I was very pleased. Ron Tugnutt sure did suck.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
So yeah. Anyone know where all this even strength scoring come from? I like it, but it's so weird that it comes out of no where. Now our PP is in the dumpster though

Tonight had the bad luck of every single one of those close losses we should have won (in Chicago, both games in Colorado, etc.) stocked up all together and shot at the Blackhawks for maximum humiliation.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yes, but now our PP is ice cold. Looked good on the 1 opportunity tonight, but didn't cash in.
They did score 6 seconds after it happened.

How did the goal they scored with 2 seconds left on the pp a few games back not count as a pp goal?

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
They did score 6 seconds after it happened.

How did the goal they scored with 2 seconds left on the pp a few games back not count as a pp goal?
Yeah, it's more of a statistical concern than anything. I'm not really worried about it yet because they're still getting good looks and generating chances. The PP hasn't regressed to the level at the very start of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad