Pre-Game Talk: Sharks @ Toronto January 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Need to get back in the win column here. One positive thing to note, our 'shut down' line has been much better defensively recently. Last night Kadri and Komarov were at 56% possession matched up against Stamkos+Kucherov all night. They were the only 2 forwards even above 50%, while Marleau was the 3rd best forward on the team at 47%.

They were also excellent against New York (70% CF), then Kadri had the injury against Arizona.

If these guys can continue to handle those top matchups, while Matthews/Nylander and JVR/Marner can contribute offensively they should be able to win a lot of these upcoming games. Kadri needs to start scoring again as well but at least he is doing his job defensively for now.

Reactions: stickty111

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Need a win, or a trade.

Still can’t believe we somehow still have a 9 point cushion

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
agreed! SJ is playing well of late and are a heavy team. We got pushed around in Vegas and it will be interesting to see how we match up. A preview of what playoff hockey will be like, gotta dig in!!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Need a win, or a trade.

i want both.
honestly, i'm fine with them not thinking we can go for it this year, but they need to make some moves to give Babcock better options to work with as well as letting actual players graduate.

Reactions: glue and Elephanto

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
i want both.
honestly, i'm fine with them not thinking we can go for it this year, but they need to make some moves to give Babcock better options to work with as well as letting actual players graduate.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see another Boyle type move if GOAT doesn’t stick. Someone that can bring stability to the 4th line.

I’m not sure they want Moore as 4C come playoff time which is why they are trying Gauthier our now.

Reactions: 54thecup

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
I wouldn’t be shocked to see another Boyle type move if GOAT doesn’t stick. Someone that can bring stability to the 4th line.

I’m not sure they want Moore as 4C come playoff time which is why they are trying Gauthier our now.

I see Mike Green as a pick up for our team!!

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

yah moore is not doing it. (even though he can score a bit).
I think... this is why I kinda wish they would decide what angle they want to do. they've been doing the half pregnant thing all season and i think it's going to come to ahead Feb 27th or whenever deadline is.

if they want to do a mini "go for it" and let the team get as much experience as they can, then make the moves necessary to do so. if they aren't going to go for it, make some moves that will benefit the future and let us deal with it) don't straddle the line here.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
who are we playing saturday?
Nucks.

Actually looking at the schedule the boys are home until the 18th. That's nice. And in February we go to NY and Boston on one trip and to Detroit on another trip and then Florida at the end of the month. They hardly have any travel for the next 2 months.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Need a win, or a trade.

We had the same 48 points we had last year at the same point. Hard to believe after our fast start. Team definitely needs a couple of solid additions.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
We had the same 48 points we had last year at the same point. Hard to believe after our fast start. Team definitely needs a couple of solid additions.

Ideally an upgraded 4C if GOAT can’t fill the role, and some sort of defensive addition.

Justin Braun to push Polak out of the lineup would be amazing.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Nucks.

Actually looking at the schedule the boys are home until the 18th. That's nice. And in February we go to NY and Boston on one trip and to Detroit on another trip and then Florida at the end of the month. They hardly have any travel for the next 2 months.

yah it will be nice to stay in our own timezone.

Vancouver.

thanks

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Leafs always get stomped by the Sharks.
What team haven't they struggled with over the past 10 years or so? When you stink you tend to get stomped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->