Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign Maxim Letunov to 2 year ELC $925,000 AAV

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It'll be interesting to see how he takes to pro hockey. Given his age, he's going to need to be able to step on NHL ice pretty quickly to carve out a career for himself.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Wasn't he on the verge of being a free agent?

My thoughts are meh, probably be a good pickup for the Cudas, but questionable for Sharks. Long odds for being a top six in the NHL.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Wasn't he on the verge of being a free agent?

My thoughts are meh, probably be a good pickup for the Cudas, but questionable for Sharks. Long odds for being a top six in the NHL.

No he still had a year of eligibility left.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
College eligibility. IOW did 3 years college.

FWIW, the Sharks have zero prospects who are scheduled to graduate this spring. Jackson, Vela, Kupsky, Gambrel all have one year of college eligibility left. (CHL guys Sharks have to sign by 6/1 or they go back to the draft are Shoemaker and Gregor)

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
I'm hoping Gambrell signs soon but I'm guessing he'll finish out his 4 years and keep us in suspense on whether he's signing or leaving for UFA. With the current rules, I'm wary about drafting college players. They could finish out their education and then choose their own destination.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I'm hoping Gambrell signs soon but I'm guessing he'll finish out his 4 years and keep us in suspense on whether he's signing or leaving for UFA. With the current rules, I'm wary about drafting college players. They could finish out their education and then choose their own destination.
I know that it is a possibility for college draftees to go the UFA route but isn't that more of the exception though?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

Rumor is Gambrell, Troy Terry and Borgstrom are all turning pro.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Capfriendly has us at 45 without Letunov.

39 for next season

Goalies (4): Bibeau, Dell, Jones, Korenar (ELS)

Defense (13): Bergman (ELS), Braun, Brodinski (ELS), Burns, DeSimone (ELS), Dillon, Fitzgerald (ELS), Heed, Martin, Middleton (ELS), Roy (ELS), Ryan, Vlasic

Forwards (22): Balcers, Blichfeld (ELS), Boedker, Chartier (ELS), Clifton (ELS), Couture, Donskoi, Goodrow, Halbgewachs (ELS), Helewka (ELS), Karlsson, Labanc (ELS), Letunov (ELS), Martin (ELS), Meier (ELS), Pavelski, Praplan (ELS), Rod (ELS), Sandberg (ELS), Schoenborn (ELS), Sorenson, Wiederer (ELS)

Reactions: The Ice Hockey Dude

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Quote from Lebrun's latest Athletic article.

College star to joins Sharks late in season?
Just like Charlie McAvoy did late last season for Boston (appearing in six playoff games) and Brock Boeser for Vancouver (signing and joining the Canucks in late March), I wonder if University of Denver forward Dylan Gambrell, following his college year, might end up signing and then joining the San Jose Sharks for the rest of this season. It’s certainly a possibility.
Gambrell, the Sharks’ second-round pick, 60th overall, in 2016, has 41 points in 34 games this season.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Well the one guy I wasn't sure about signing this year was Letunov and now that we know he's coming here, it's gonna make the AHL squad next year pretty interesting.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I hope you're right because Gambrell seems like a legit player who could maybe even help this year.
Help the Sharks? Or the Cuda?

Honestly, I would not put much stock into Gambrell helping the Sharks this year. He has not played even 1 game as a pro so I would not set expectations too high.

That being said, I hope you are right .. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad