Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
The best part about Chmelevski doing so well, despite this being his draft + 1 year is that he has such a late birthday, June '99. What surprised me about Ferraro was actually how much older he is, Sept '98.

Good point. This sometimes gets lost in prospect analysis.

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Gambrell hasn't had a point in the last 3 games, in a rough stretch
Halbgewachs had 2 goals (70) and an assist (11 shots)
Blichfeld with an assist
Gregor with a goal

Reactions: NiWa

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
The way the NHL is now, with smaller statured players having some success, I dont see a reason why Halbgewachs shouldnt have success at the pro level. He needs to get faster and Hes 20 now, give him a year or 2 with the cuda and see how he develops. If he keeps scoring goals then youve obviously got somethin.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
It's not just speed, he's not that shifty either. It would really surprise me if he made the NHL and had an impact.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Logan Couture and many other star players weren't the fastest of skaters when they made the NHL. He's only 20, so he can still improve alot in these areas.

I think there is a reason why smaller skilled players like Halbgewachs rarely make the NHL. Outside of St. Louis, Gaudreau and Ennis I cannot think of many others who had success at the NHL level. And all 3 of those are fairly fast skaters. A smaller player without speed and elusiveness is going to have a very hard time.

Also, while speed is not everything, the extra size of Couture (6 feet 1 inch) helps him be able to handle hits and pressure and still make plays. Smaller players need to have speed to escape certain hits,

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Couture wasn't that strong when he broke into the league. Pavelski is probably the only smaller player I can think of whose skating is a big weakness and he's still listed bigger than all the other guys mentioned so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->