Sharks Keep Rolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
San Jose, California - Everything seems to be in place for the Sharks these days. San Jose has extended its winning streak to 10 wins tonight with a victory over Nashville. Goaltending, forwards, defense, everything seems to be working these days. "We are just trying to keep things simple, we dont want to do too much, just play like we know how to", said Sharks center Peter Forsberg.

Peter Forsberg extended his point scoring streak to 14 games tonight with 2 assists in the win. Pavol Demitra also looks to be finding his stride also adding a goal and 2 assists in the win. But the performance that GM Astles is most impressed with was Patrick Elias who had 2 goals and 2 assists in the 7-2 romp of the Predators, "I want to get going here and start contributing for this team, tonight the puck just followed me." The Sharks look to extend their winning streak to 11 in a couple days versus division rivals Los Angeles.

With a recap of the previous days: The Sharks have made a few moves to improve the defensive situation of the team in adding Alyn McCauley, and Hal Gill to the mix. "These guys are huge additions to the team, they know how to shutdown other teams high powered offenses, I can't wait til they get into the line-up", said Sharks forward Steve Sullivan after the win against Nashville.

The lines are expected to be shuffled for the next game versus Los Angeles because of the addition of Alyn McCauley to the mix. Radek Bonk will be moved to the 2nd line with Patrik Elias and Steve Sullivan, while Alyn McCauley will center Dainus Zubrus and Radek Dvorak. This move will hopefully get Dvorak and Bonk going with some new linemates.

Aslong as the Sharks keep up strong efforts this season they are sure to do some damage in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad