GDT: Sharks Jackets, 6:00 PT

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Was also on the Coach...once again. 4th line ice time is okay but they shouldn't see the ice in the last 10mins. Also, wenn you pull your goalie, at least one if not both of Hertl and Meier have to be on the ice since they're the strongest on the puck. Meier didn't even get to play in the last 3mins. There's no excuse for that, sorry. Not saying that it would have worked but at least friggin try to tie it. DeBoer just keeps on wasting points and it's pissing me off.

Hertl couldn't control the puck to save his life tonight.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Bad PP.

I come back to this a lot, but I feel like this is the kind of game Nabokov would have won for the Sharks 2-1. Jones wasn't great in this game, but hopefully he'll come around in the playoffs.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Bad PP.

I come back to this a lot, but I feel like this is the kind of game Nabokov would have won for the Sharks 2-1. Jones wasn't great in this game, but hopefully he'll come around in the playoffs.

The big difference in this game was definitely that their goalie made every big save and ours missed at least 1, if not 2 that Bob would probably have had.

Jones has a trend of giving up a bad, deflating goal in the first 10 minutes after we mostly dominate and control the game. It's quite disappointing.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
What do you think makes the Sharks have the ability to come down from multiple goal leads? I used to always watch sharks games late at night while I would go to sleep, and I always felt there was no lead that was too large. Think they came behind multiple times in the playoffs too. Is it the culture, leadership, guys on the team? I just think they are one of the few teams where trailing doesn’t make them discouraged.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
What do you think makes the Sharks have the ability to come down from multiple goal leads? I used to always watch sharks games late at night while I would go to sleep, and I always felt there was no lead that was too large. Think they came behind multiple times in the playoffs too. Is it the culture, leadership, guys on the team? I just think they are one of the few teams where trailing doesn’t make them discouraged.

I don’t know but they didn’t do it too much under Mclellan. I think the bigger question is what does the message need to be to get the sharks to play that way for 60 minutes?
To me the Sharks are like the smart kid in high school that lazily procrastinates on studying for the big exam until the night before then tries cramming as much information as they can hoping it’s enough to get a passing grade. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn’t.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
It's puck possession. The more we have it, the more the other team is chasing, which wears them out faster.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
It's puck possession. The more we have it, the more the other team is chasing, which wears them out faster.
This would make sense except TMac's system was all about puck possession and the sharks weren't like this then. I think it's more that our depth is better and seem to thrive when down more often than previous iterations.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
This would make sense except TMac's system was all about puck possession and the sharks weren't like this then. I think it's more that our depth is better and seem to thrive when down more often than previous iterations.
I swear Tmac was more of a pucks from where ever guy like Sutter and Julien.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Goaltending was the difference in this game. Bobs was robbing us left and right, Jones was letting in softies.

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Jones has been great for awhile now, he was due for a not so great game. The PP was the difference to me. Both their first 2 goals came quickly after we failed yet again on the PP.

I really want to see Labanc back on the top unit. I'd switch things up and let Hertl be the guy on the 2nd PP and bring Donskoi up to the top PP with how he's looked lately. Kane should not be on the top PP imo, he hasn't looked sharp there.

When your 0 for your last 12 games? Try something new. Burns, Pavs, Couture, Labanc, Donskoi is what I'd try next game.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
I want a diamond formation.

Kane/Hertl (behind the net)​

Pavelski (front of the net)​

Couture (left half wall) Labanc (right half wall)

Burns (point)​

Reactions: WSS11

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
Hertl was not good last night, obviously. But Bobrovsky was the difference. Sharks played well enough to win. Whining about anything else should be done with that fact in perspective.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hertl was not good last night, obviously. But Bobrovsky was the difference. Sharks played well enough to win. Whining about anything else should be done with that fact in perspective.

They still have a lot of things to work on but there are certainly some positive signs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad