GDT: Sharks @ Hawks 7:30pm NBC Sports Chicago 1/16/24 (Mandatory viewing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
No...Jones isn't good..period!

He also was on with Kk for the SJ goal in regulation.. Darren Pang calked Jones out foe being late in coverage at the net when Kk did not get the puck when chasing behind our net and it got sent out to the low slot in front of our crease
Vlasic and Jones do not pair well because simply Jones is a poor defender who loses track of the play and has zero instinct /anticipation where hecshould be in coverage ...if he is in the correct position he does not get beat 1 on1 to an intolerable level...I can take hosxability to vecaveragevorxabovecavwrage if he is in the right spot.. but the trouble is often he is not ...simply a lack of ibstincrvand on sone shifts Focus to track where tpuckniscorbis going to be.

Tonight I often thought his mind wanders or he is on something playing as if in a fog in the d-zione...he does notbl procrss the flow of the pkay well so is either out of position or not gettingto correct position in time..

I cansee the Athletic S Jones but I qurstio the defensive mind for defending.

If he showed me mitigatingveffective offense,maybe I could live with his defensive flaws.. but he is not performing well onattack either..Horrible shot/cannot get through or best goalies ,passes not onto sticks,fails to keep pucks in...PPs die with him.

Good athlete...not so good a hockey player.

It is not only the $9.5 million is not reflected in his performance/production/ shutdown capability.. but Ivaksovdo not see thecsparknofvibstensity ...maybe isis comfort.. $9.5 for 8 seasons( 6 more to go(m) why care to focus and pjay morevibtenslyvand smartly when you are thinking of all that cash going into your bank account and set for life?

For that cost he should be much more that a minute muncher .. He should be more effective at least in 1 aspect ...defense or offense... if not in Both areas of play..

He is not a 1D on any oher team I the NHL except maybe SJ and even there they probably do not want him ...let alone @ $9.5 forv8 years.

I have said before he might be more effective as a forward...Good speed good size..good athelete..no hands ...no shot ofccourse ..but let him rush the puck in with power...create chaos going to the net ...clearing space for others to shoot...occupy dnen..He coukd be a complementary forward doing some pathway clearing.

ButvI just do not think he is an effective competent dman...fre his mind from processing opposition attacks into orbin our d-zone and maybe this freedom to just play and not try to think too much could make him of more use than he is playing all those minutes as a 1D ...or as any type of dman.

I personally do not think $9.5 can play better with any D-partner ..because I do notvthink he ihasctge mind for defending..or tge mindvforvoofense..Rather hevdoeschavexathleticcabilutycandcsize...use those traits abd let hisvnind becfreecforca mirexsinple north-south rishbpiwer forwardcgane.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Whoa im a Jones defender but that was a tough one.

Glad the team can get a win every now and then. Even more glad San Jose got a point so we dont get to far ahead.

Kurashev was great tonight.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
probably the worst result of the season. If this is the reason we don't get Celebrini I'm gonna be pissed.
we did everything possible to lose. they missed at least 2 wide open nets. hit the post twice late. we had 2 shoot shots that did not go in by inches. im not sure how much more we could have done. a very questionable penalty on the power play goal.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
My recording of the game cut out during round 5 of the shootout. Missed the exciting conclusion.

How did the Sharks manage to lose? That was a true tank clinic by SJ, very much the better team. Outplay the opponent, miss the net, take questionable or bad penalties, etc.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
sounds like granlund could be out for a while (season) he might have been the SJ best trade chip.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
we did everything possible to lose. they missed at least 2 wide open nets. hit the post twice late. we had 2 shoot shots that did not go in by inches. im not sure how much more we could have done. a very questionable penalty on the power play goal.

we could've just turned around and shot the puck into our own net a couple times in the last minute. How hard is that?

Reactions: ytsejam

Joemoe

Aug 3, 2015
Still don't think anybody is taking the last place spot away from the Sharks, they are a really bad team.

Blackhawksfirecoach

Oct 20, 2021
probably the worst result of the season. If this is the reason we don't get Celebrini I'm gonna be pissed.

nobody here actually thinks we're getting Celebrini, right?

or am I missing something? it's what, ~25% chance for the last-place team to win the lottery? it was like 10% for us to win it for Bedard last draft?

getting the first overall both one year and the one after are obv two independent events in terms of probability, but this means at the end of '22-'23 season the Hawks had *at most a 2.5% chance* of getting both '23 and '24 first overall picks.

it's either an extremely lucky timeline to live in, or it really is all rigged lol

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019

or am I missing something? it's what, ~25% chance for the last-place team to win the lottery? it was like 10% for us to win it for Bedard last draft?

getting the first overall both one year and the one after are obv two independent events in terms of probability, but this means at the end of '22-'23 season the Hawks had *at most a 2.5% chance* of getting both '23 and '24 first overall picks.

it's either an extremely lucky timeline to live in, or it really is all rigged lol

In Rooh we trust.

Reactions: BHawks77

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022

but you said it. its independent. its already 100% chance we got Bedard. Its 25% or 12% chance now. Most likely we dont get Celebrini but if we get last...

Reactions: LavalPhantom

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago

Look dude, maybe you haven't heard, but I essentially spoke Bedard to the Hawks into existence. Learned the ancient medatative method from Sensei Lavar Ball. Spent the last year and a half "telling" the Hawks that if they wanted me to come back as a fan they needed to do one simple thing, get me Bedard. Hawks realized I was driving a hard bargain and wouldn't negotiate off my position so they complied.

Well, I'm going back to the well and once again demanding that the Hawks get me Celebrini. So don't come at me with stats cause I couldn't f-ing care less. I'm on a mission from Lavar and I'm not stopping till we get to see Bedard and Celebrini line up together for line #1 opening night next season.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

If you get heads on a coin flip forty nine times in a row the odds you'll get it on the fiftieth flip doesn't change.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
If you get heads on a coin flip forty nine times in a row the odds you'll get it on the fiftieth flip doesn't change.
Yes but the odds before the first lottery to win both would be less. But now that we won it’s just the lottery odds straight up, right?

Doesn’t really change the fact that winning this year isn’t affected by last year which was your original point, but just want a quick stats lesson from DHF.

Blackhawksfirecoach

Oct 20, 2021
Yes but the odds before the first lottery to win both would be less. But now that we won it’s just the lottery odds straight up, right?

Doesn’t really change the fact that winning this year isn’t affected by last year which was your original point, but just want a quick stats lesson from DHF.

yeah, I'm not overlooking the conditional probability, i.e. given that we landed Bedard already and if we finish last this season, then we have 25% of winning lottery again.

if we do end up winning the lottery again, there was an original absolute probability of 2.5% of winning back to back years. I'm just saying it will have been very very lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad