Speculation: Sharks Have New Digital Video Replay System

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I'm sure no one wanted to hear or talk about this without a season, but now that we have one I thought I'd share this tidbit from the STH's meeting with the coaches.

I don't know if there is much to discuss, but I thought many would be interested in knowing about it and didn't want it to get buried in the News thread or something.

This digital video library can almost instantaneously bring up video on players etc... over several years. If the Sharks want to see every time Datsyuk was on the ice at the same time as Burns or Boyle in the last 2 years it's a few clicks away. If they want to bring up all the PK's against the Wings for 2011 it's seconds away. If they want to see the BJ's on their PP while JT was on the ice for the last 3 games, there it is.

It sounded pretty extraordinary. Looking forward to hearing what kind of difference they think it made at the end of the season or maybe some in season updates.

EDIT: Mod's, I didn't mean to choose the "Salary Cap" heading.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rickety Cricket

Mar 8, 2006
Not Kent Huskins
I'm sure no one wanted to hear or talk about this without a season, but now that we have one I thought I'd share this tidbit from the STH's meeting with the coaches.

I don't know if there is much to discuss, but I thought many would be interested in knowing about it and didn't want it to get buried in the News thread or something.

This digital video library can almost instantaneously bring up video on players etc... over several years. If the Sharks want to see every time Datsyuk was on the ice at the same time as Burns or Boyle in the last 2 years it's a few clicks away. If they want to bring up all the PK's against the Wings for 2011 it's seconds away. If they want to see the BJ's on their PP while JT was on the ice for the last 3 games, there it is.

It sounded pretty extraordinary. Looking forward to hearing what kind of difference they think it made at the end of the season or maybe some in season updates.

EDIT: Mod's, I didn't mean to choose the "Salary Cap" heading.

That's awesome.

I really want to see the Handzus blooper reel using this system now.

Can it automatically play Benny Hill too?

CrazedZooChimp

Not enough guts
Aug 3, 2005
Bay Area, CA
www.Coaster101.com
That's pretty awesome, it must be a heck of a database. I wonder if they can use it for in-game highlights for fans too (or on TV, help Drew out with his color by being able to show clips from past things at a moments notice).

MechaMarleau

Vertebraeker
Apr 13, 2007
Menlo Park
This kind of flexibility and technology is what I expect from a Silicon Valley team. There are many pitfalls and bad habits NHL players get into. This system will help work on what caused our poor 2011-2012 performance and within a crowded schedule.

Rickety Cricket

Mar 8, 2006
Not Kent Huskins
This kind of flexibility and technology is what I expect from a Silicon Valley team. There are many pitfalls and bad habits NHL players get into. This system will help work on what caused our poor 2011-2012 performance and within a crowded schedule.

"Now Antti, see how that puck went past you? That's where you messed up. "

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad