GDT: Sharks @ Flames, December 14 7:00 MT, Sportsnet Flames

May 23, 2007
Calgary
Not blaming him completely for this loss but Smith has got to lock that shit down late in the game, especially with the team working their ass off in the 3rd.

Damn

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Typical Flames 2017, pull the goalie and can't even get past the red line.
You’re welcome to stop watching if all you plan to do is complain about Brodie/the team/everything.

It wasn’t a terrible game by any means, they played well for the most part, dominated most of the 1st and 3rd, and had some bounces not go their way. Oh well, move on.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Flames played well for about 10 or so minutes. Not close to good enough. Another underwhelming 'big' game played by the Flames. Enough of that. This team needs to start playing with a purpose, bear down on their scoring chances(ffs) and play far more consistently.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Flames played well for about 10 or so minutes. Not close to good enough. Another underwhelming 'big' game played by the Flames. Enough of that. This team needs to start playing with a purpose, bear down on their scoring chances(ffs) and play far more consistently.

5v5:

CF%: 57.28%
FF%: 59.21%
Scoring Chances: 29 (CGY) - 14 (SJ)
High Danger Scoring Chances: 15 (CGY) - 3 (SJ)

Not the greatest 2nd period ever, but I'll take that all day every day.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Smith is who I was worried he was, a goalie who can play great seeing tons of shots but can't really give you his best when the play is at the other end. It may be time to give Rittich more starts, especially at home.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Also this team needs to go a streak. I can't be bothered to check but I don't believe we've strung together 4 or 5 consecutive wins yet

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The Flames did not play well at all but man is that Sharks team awful. If we could someone how get a match-up against them in the play-offs we may have a shot to win a round but my guess is LA and Anaheim end up 1/2 so that won't happen.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Also this team needs to go a streak. I can't be bothered to check but I don't believe we've strung together 4 or 5 consecutive wins yet
Nope, longest win streak this season has been 3 games, which has occurred twice I believe (WPG,ANA,LA in Oct and WSH,PIT,NJ in November), they've had runs of 4 of 5 and 5 of 6 as well but now win streak over 3 games thus far.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Sucks that we're playing much better now compared to before and aren't coming out with wins/points, just have to hope that sticking with the plan will get us the points we desire.
Now we have a red hot Nashville team coming in on Saturday that outscored Edmonton and Vancouver 11-1 in the past 2 games.
Also I'd like to see Rittich get the start against Nashville on Saturday and have Smith play in Vancouver on Sunday.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Just rewatched the goal, stop trying to push an agenda. Brodie didn’t touch the puck, good try though.

No agenda pushing, but you got it. You're right though about the goal, Brodie didn't push it; from the one angle it looked like he was trying to keep the puck on Smith and knocked it in, the above angle shows he was stick lifting someone and Donskoi put it in.

And not sure if serious about the complaining. Flames games are a chore to watch the way this team plays. Horrendous powerplay, chance after chance and no goals, either no defense and goals or all defense and no goals, can 't get any pressure with the goalie pulled, have played 4 games this entire year where they actually gave a 60 minute performance, no depth scoring for 20+ games, now the top line can't score so we can't get more than 1 maybe 2 a game.

Sorry I don't see the optimism in a painfully average team coached by an AHL coach that is outside the playoffs on the brink of losing their 1st round pick in a lottery in a really good draft. Not to mention most Flames games are boring as paint to watch. Brent Sutter 2.0 hockey out there. Oh look, we have a good corsi and possession numbers, exciting!

Reactions: GlobalThreat

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
So that's 5 straight games we play better than the other team and we lose 3 of them. I think it's time for our annual 10 game win streak.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Flames gotta learn how to play with smith being active and In times when the d need to get more active and need take more ice.

Let Kulak/*Brodie*/Hamonic ttake some chances and when they need to pass off have it be Bennett/Backlund down low or Monahan/Gaudreau with speed not Brouwer/Stajan.

But besides that everybody needs to Tighten up because most goalies aren’t usually your best player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->