GDT: Sharks @ Capitals 4PM pacific, NBCSCA

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
What an awful game tonight. Total lack of discipline from everyone including the coaches. Pavelski is an absolute ghost yet again. Dillon with a really cheap slash at the end of the game that will probably end up in supplemental discipline.

What an absolute shit show of a game

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Every time I start thinking the Sharks are good, they start playing bad, and every time I start thinking the Sharks are bad, they start playing good. Pick one! No more of this seesaw .500 hockey ****! Be bad or be good!!
Here's a hint: they're bad.

josh62084

Dec 4, 2017
Damn, thanks for the video. That makes me feel a lot better. Looks like Thornton actually took the W.

You got it, bud. I have spent the last three hours of my evening loading this crappy video of mine to numerous fight sites and youtube to defend Joe. Initially when I did not see this angle, I was pretty sad to see my favorite player get dropped by one of my least favorite players.

Reactions: slocal

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You got it, bud. I have spent the last three hours of my evening loading this crappy video of mine to numerous fight sites and youtube to defend Joe. Initially when I did not see this angle, I was pretty sad to see my favorite player get dropped by one of my least favorite players.

Oh yeah, I f***ing hate Tom Wilson as well.

Reactions: Bleedred

josh62084

Dec 4, 2017
Lol, I didn’t see that angle either. Wilson totally missed.

When I first saw the fight, Joe's head didn't whip back and he didn't seem to be dazed at all, which was odd considering how hard of a punch Wilson threw. After a right like that, you would expect to see some sign of being stung by such a hard punch. His legs were underneath him, and he did not appear to be out of it, while sitting in the penalty box.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Remember guys, the team plays better without Tim Heed than they do with him.
People actually said this? I don't see any evidence of this at all, but it's pretty typical of offense producing defensemen to have a negative reputation and be called defensive liabilities and such, as they're higher risk players and in many cases play driving defensemen.

Bottom line is this team doesn't score enough. There's too many guys on pace for 40 points or less, and it's a lot of guys that you usually expect more than 40 points out of. Couture is on pace for 66 points! That's pretty good. Thornton is on pace for 52 points, not the Thornton from old but no worse than last year. Hertl is on pace for 44 points, Pavelski is on pace for 40 points. Burns is on pace for 38 points and 3 goals. I think he'll finish with more than 3 goals, but I don't see him finishing with much more than 50 points this year, if even that much. Justin Braun, who has been awful this year, is tied for 5th on the team in points. He has as many points as Burns does, in the same number of games played.

I was looking at on-ice shooting percentages and Boedker's is 3.6%. I was surprised it was that low, but perhaps he's been a bit unluckier than I thought. I still don't like him and I still won't excuse him. Last year, it was 8.4% and he still only scored 26 points in 81 games. I figured Hansen's would be at 3.6% percent right now, but it's actually at 6.0% right now. Still below average, but I expected it to be even worse for a guy that has 1 point in 17 games.

Reactions: socalsharksfan

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Is Thornton going to get suspended for this?

Dillon and Thornton are definitely getting suspended.
The league loves their premier teams and the Caps are certainly apart of that elite country club.

By the way, Wilson is one of the biggest goons in the league.

It sucks that we still have these types in the league today. He should go the way of the Gudas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->