Sharks and Avs Agree to a Blockbuster

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiLLY

Mar 3, 2002
"Today is a great day to be a fan of the San Jose Sharks," said club general manager Billy Johnson during a press conference held early this afternoon. The club held the press conference to announce they had just recieved league approval on a monster deal with the Colorado Avalanche. Leaving the Sharks are centres Andy McDonald, Tyler Arnason and prospects Konstantin Korneev and Adrian Foster as well as an assortment of picks and cash. In return the Sharks recieve arguably the games best player in Peter Forsberg as well as young blueliner Anton Volchenkov. Johnson had the following comments on the deal:

"We are having a fantastic start to the year. The additions of both Forsberg and Volchenkov should only improve our clubs on ice performance. Although we add a significant amount of salary in this deal it was the opinion of our management team that a move like this was essential inorder to compete with teams like the Sens and Blues. We now have an excellent trio of centres in Forsberg, Yashin and Primeau as well as an improving blueline."

Johnson was also quick to point out that this deal was not easy for the club to make. He said "giving up a guy like Foster was very difficult because he was my ever draft pick and I am his biggest fan. Also we really like Andy McDonald and feel he has the potential to evolve into a Chris Drury/Steve Sullivan type player. But inorder to complete this deal their inclusion was necessary. I'd just like to wish all the players leaving San Jose all the best in Colorado".

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
BiLLY said:
"was the opinion of our management team that a move like this was essential inorder to compete with teams like the Sens and Blues.

Last time I saw, Washington was leading the East followed by New York Islanders and Boston. What do we have to do to get respect? :bow:

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
islanders said:
BiLLY said:
"was the opinion of our management team that a move like this was essential inorder to compete with teams like the Sens and Blues.

Last time I saw, Washington was leading the East followed by New York Islanders and Boston. What do we have to do to get respect? :bow:

Beat the Canucks? :dunno:

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
islanders said:
BiLLY said:

Please take note of what you wrote Hasnain. I point to the word "East". The only time the Isles start being a Eastern conference is when teams like CSKA Moskova, Frolunda, Tappara start joining the league. :teach:

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
islanders said:
Someone has to give false hopes to Canucks. :joker:

Beware of the first round upsets, just ask the senators and the Sharks. Honestly, if the lightning, wings and rangers can have a good cup run, I can't see why the Canucks can't do the same thing. Although, the nucks may not have the same depth as the teams that I've just mentioned.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Donga said:
Beware of the first round upsets, just ask the senators and the Sharks. Honestly, if the lightning, wings and rangers can have a good cup run, I can't see why the Canucks can't do the same thing. Although, the nucks may not have the same depth as the teams that I've just mentioned.
They have to make the playoffs first before their run to Lord Stanley.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
islanders said:
They have to make the playoffs first before their run to Lord Stanley.

So do you... Just remember that the Canes are still mathematically possible to make the playoffs. So don't count me out just yet. :P

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Donga said:
Please take note of what you wrote Hasnain. I point to the word "East". The only time the Isles start being a Eastern conference is when teams like CSKA Moskova, Frolunda, Tappara start joining the league. :teach:

Does anyone have a clue what the hell Dion is saying here??? :dunno:

Andrew Chang-Sang

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
No respect

Yeah....give 'em hell Hasnain....It's always about the Sens while the rest of us get ignored....I believe San Jose has already been one of the Caps' victims this year....

BiLLY

Mar 3, 2002
The regular season means nothing. Correct me if I am wrong Andrew but wasn't it the Sharks who beat you the last time it mattered??? I think it was game 6 of Stanley Cup Finals two seasons ago...

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
BiLLY said:
The regular season means nothing. Correct me if I am wrong Andrew but wasn't it the Sharks who beat you the last time it mattered??? I think it was game 6 of Stanley Cup Finals two seasons ago...

I agree Billy, but what has senators done in the playoffs. At least caps went to the final couple of seasons ago.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Matt (hic)... what u say (hic) .. (hic) speak up louder... (thud) (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

(*dreaming about being the god of wine*)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad