Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire 2023 4th round draft pick from Seattle for Jaycob Megna

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Cicek, Knyzhov, Kniazev, Hatakka. Also Megna’s mentality doesn’t mean he can only be around the D coming up. Here’s the thing, the 4th for him is fine value. There’s such a small chance that the fourth will be an NHLer. I think having those solid vets who actually want to mentor the young guys and also take the tough assignments to ease them is huge in development and a really underrated aspect.

I'm guessing Vlasic, Benning, and Ferraro will be taking those roles on. And they will still have Hertl and Couture.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm guessing Vlasic, Benning, and Ferraro will be taking those roles on. And they will still have Hertl and Couture.
Vlasic will just go ME Orr and piss everyone off again. I dislike Benning so I can’t comment on that. Ferraro is probably a good bet but someone needs to mentor him at this point. Hertl and Couture are definitely good bets though.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Weird that Megna got 1 game with the Kraken, was -2 and hasn't played since. Who'd have thunk he wouldn't be a permanent fixture in their top 6?

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Weird that Megna got 1 game with the Kraken, was -2 and hasn't played since. Who'd have thunk he wouldn't be a permanent fixture in their top 6?

I know you're being facetious, but he was never meant to be when they are fully healthy.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Catching up on this thread and laughing at some of the same folks complaining about trading Megna were lambasting me all summer for saying he was actually a productive D-Man last year (believe only behind EK65 and Middleton in xGF%). Overall, it was a fine return for a player of his experience and caliber. Middleton got exposed last year (and is continuing this year) when he left the comfort of Karlsson and Megna probably does the same. Get the value you can out of those types of guys and then start the process over (which won't happen much longer with the ensuing Karlsson trade).

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
Looking back, if you combine this trade with the Colorado trade, they all make sense.

Merkley for Kaut. AHL deal of reclamation projects.

MacDonald for Megna. Sharks felt this was an upgrade in defenseman.

Nieto for a 4th. Mid round pick to sell Nieto at the deadline.

Reactions: Karl Prime

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad