• Wright

• Byfield

• McTavish

Results are only viewable after voting.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Byfield. His scourging report at draft time said he would take longer to develop but has the highest ceiling, he’s not a superstar after 2 season and people are ready to write him off. McTavish is lightning up the early rounds of the WJC in his d+1 (like he should be expected to) and now he’s the best prospect in hockey. So typical.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not super high on Wright, tho I think he ended up in a good situation in Seattle and should become a solid top 6 center.

Byfield has the most potential out of the 3, but you could argue has been the most disappointing so far

Mctavish was prob the most underrated of the 3 coming into this year, he’s def proved why Anaheim took him at 3(which a lot of people considered off the board).

I voted mctavish, because He’s impressed me more than the other 2 in my viewings.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Byfield still has better tools than McTavish. Wright is good but doesn't seem like he'll ever be a elite elite, the other two could.

Recency bias will make Mason win.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Cianide

Under New Management
Jun 11, 2022
I don't see how you can even vote. Neither player has done anything in the league yet. Yeah, Byfield's played a season, but he's still progressing. I'll stick with the homer vote and go Byfield.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Byfield. His scourging report at draft time said he would take longer to develop but has the highest ceiling, he’s not a superstar after 2 season and people are ready to write him off. McTavish is lightning up the early rounds of the WJC in his d+1 (like he should be expected to) and now he’s the best prospect in hockey. So typical.
It's really tough to compare as Byfield did play in his d+1 too, but under different circumstances.

Even before the WJC McTavish had a helluva d+1 season.

Not exactly an easy vote and I'm not exactly convinced that when it's all said and done that all three have a similar impact.

Just looking at the two California teams prospects. Is it not possible it's like Kopitar and Getzlaf? Both end up very good and one year one is better and the next the other is better?

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Mason McTavish is a special player. I think he is going to reach his potential. He have skill of Nazem Kadri in him. I think he is going to be a really good one in NHL.

After, it's close between Wright and Byfield.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Probably McTavish today, he looks like a big, mean and smart franchise center.

Wright should be pretty good.

2nd overall isn’t a guy who should be amazing in 5 years, the clock is running now on Byfield.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
McTavish has done absolutely everything anyone could have asked of him as a top-3 pick, but as far as projections go, it’s still:

Wright
Byfield

McTavish
Wight just went 4th overall in a very weak draft (at least at the top of the draft). McTavish went 3rd in a stronger draft, and Byfield 2nd in a much stronger draft.

Byfield had a much better draft year than Wright, so I'm not sure how he's rated above him.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad