Value of: Shane Pinto candidate for offer sheet.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Could be worth it.

How many 23 year old, 6'2", two way, RH shot centers are there that produce like Pinto?

They also re-signed him at a lower AAV. Getting his rights was the thing.
And still overpaid him. Which is worse! They compounded the mistake!

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
I could see some pathetic organization that has little depth. A team that has c grade prospects that are put on pedestals.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Could be worth it.

How many 23 year old, 6'2", two way, RH shot centers are there that produce like Pinto?

They also re-signed him at a lower AAV. Getting his rights was the thing.

I do like Pinto but you're being so specific that obviously it will be rare.

It's like saying "how many 22 year old, 5'11", Canadian goalies posted a .910 sv% or better this year?"

The answer could be zero. Wouldn't make that goalie, If they existed, any more valuable.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I do like Pinto but you're being so specific that obviously it will be rare.

It's like saying "how many 22 year old, 5'11", Canadian goalies posted a .910 sv% or better this year?"

The answer could be zero. Wouldn't make that goalie, If they existed, any more valuable.
I mean, substitute "young" and "big" and I don't think it expands the field all that much.

I think they regret it. Giving ip a 1st+ only to over pay a bottom 6 forward…
He's still only 23, and has been pushed down the depth chart on a deep team.

If they wanted to trade him, there would be a market for him. But again, the offer was made, and Pinto has a better track record.

If the Pens had a 2025 2nd, it might be an option they'd consider.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Isn't placing bets on behalf of someone else acting like an unlicensed bookie? That's why you're not allowed to be a cell phone inline at a sports book.

Oh it’s probably illegal, I don’t do it myself as I’m poor enough without gambling, just saying it happens. Legality and morality don’t really align here, imo.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I mean, substitute "young" and "big" and I don't think it expands the field all that much.

He's still only 23, and has been pushed down the depth chart on a deep team.

If they wanted to trade him, there would be a market for him. But again, the offer was made, and Pinto has a better track record.

If the Pens had a 2025 2nd, it might be an option they'd consider.

Fair enough!

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
As many have said, OTT will have plenty of cap space this summer and will not be up against the cap. Pinto should be an easy contract to get done before the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad