Shane Doan part of "uncancelled season" talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I heard someone earlier mention Shane Doan as being a player involved in the whole un-canceled season new deal negotiation thing. Is this true? Where was this heard? :dunno:

Doctor Zoidberg

Feb 16, 2005
Sinurgy said:
I heard someone earlier mention Shane Doan as being a player involved in the whole un-canceled season new deal negotiation thing. Is this true? Where was this heard? :dunno:

Wayne Gretzky was asked on the FAN590 if he was working behind the scenes with Mario to save the season. Wayne said teh only one he had been talking to was Shane Doan. Doan is the Coyotes player rep, so it makes sense that Wayne was talking to him. Gretzky never intimated that Shane was involved in a save the season campaign though.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Gretzky is smart, I wouldn't be surprised if he involves Shane Doan in someway. Call it preemptive PR! That way the AZ papers can say "Captain Coyote has part in saving of season." I know that would certainly make me happy considering Doaner is my favorite Yote!!

WhalerBoy

Jul 22, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Sinurgy said:

It was mentioned by Bob McKenzie on TSN.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
futurcorerock said:
rumor has Doan and Gretzky talking with eachother about the lockout. Kindof in the same way Yzerman and Illitch had a heart-to-heart
I didn't know Yzerman and Illitch had a heart to heart. Is there a thread about it? Geez...I've missed a lot the past couple of days. I was so disgusted with everything that I completely bailed on the Business of Hockey board.

SuperDave21

Hockey Paradise
Jul 30, 2004
Scottsdale, AZ
Well let's put it this way...Doan wasn't at "practice" today with all the other guys down here in Phoenix...he never misses a practice...you make your own conclusion...

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Doan??

From a Canadian point of view if Wayne and Mario are coming in on the rush .. I suggest they take Larry Murphy for old time sakes with them to guarantee a win ..:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad