Confirmed with Link: Severson signed to six year, $25 million deal

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It is funny how after most of the offseason went by he basically just pulled out Larsson's contract, changed the name to Severson and had him sign it.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
It is funny how after most of the offseason went by he basically just pulled out Larsson's contract, changed the name to Severson and had him sign it.

That just triggered a college memory. The Friday afternoon before the Giants/Ravens Super Bowl, one of my professors (with an existing reputation for expelling students) emailed me and my lab partners. He told us to come to his office on Monday and that he was accusing us of cheating. We had no idea what could have happened, but we had to sweat out the entire weekend.

What ended up happening was that part of the class involved running circuit simulations on communal lab computers. We were told to run the simulations off a floppy disk (yup, I'm old) rather than off the hard drive. But the simulator took forever reading off a floppy, so we had saved our work on the hard drive in the lab. We had forgotten to delete our work after we had finished. Whoever used the computer next must have felt lazy and saw that we had accidentally left the file there.

So they used our work, printed the same exact graphs, and turned it in. Thankfully the other group confessed when they had visited the professor first. They also made the mistake of not renaming the file. So their graphs had printed out with my lab partner's name on it. [/coolstorybro]

-------------

As for Severson, Shero alluded earlier in the offseason that there were multiple offers on the table. The ball was partially in Severson's court with regards to whether he wanted to bet on himself and take a shorter deal, or if he wanted the security of a longer term deal.

After watching the Devils pursue Shattenkirk, I can imagine that Severson and his agent figured it might be better to get some security. (Hopefully) We'll be pursuing additional upgrades on the blue line in the next couple of years, which might take away some of Severson's PP time.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Tyler Myers? He's fallen off dramatically from his first couple of seasons after signing the big contract, though he's been hurt a lot too.

I looked at his contract for curiosity's sake and noticed he's only making $3.5 mil this year.. for some reason the Sabres decided to pay him $12 million in the year his ELC ended.

I had forgotten how much of a clown show that team was back then.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
a fan of the bruins? ray doesn't seem like a guy to lose in trades like that. regardless I doubt Boston is going to trade another high point player before their 22nd birthday

Yeah. Like how some of our fans panicked over Severson? It wasn't warrented.

Pats situation is something to worry about for Bruins fans

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
That just triggered a college memory. The Friday afternoon before the Giants/Ravens Super Bowl, one of my professors (with an existing reputation for expelling students) emailed me and my lab partners. He told us to come to his office on Monday and that he was accusing us of cheating. We had no idea what could have happened, but we had to sweat out the entire weekend.

What ended up happening was that part of the class involved running circuit simulations on communal lab computers. We were told to run the simulations off a floppy disk (yup, I'm old) rather than off the hard drive. But the simulator took forever reading off a floppy, so we had saved our work on the hard drive in the lab. We had forgotten to delete our work after we had finished. Whoever used the computer next must have felt lazy and saw that we had accidentally left the file there.

So they used our work, printed the same exact graphs, and turned it in. Thankfully the other group confessed when they had visited the professor first. They also made the mistake of not renaming the file. So their graphs had printed out with my lab partner's name on it. [/coolstorybro]

-------------

As for Severson, Shero alluded earlier in the offseason that there were multiple offers on the table. The ball was partially in Severson's court with regards to whether he wanted to bet on himself and take a shorter deal, or if he wanted the security of a longer term deal.

After watching the Devils pursue Shattenkirk, I can imagine that Severson and his agent figured it might be better to get some security. (Hopefully) We'll be pursuing additional upgrades on the blue line in the next couple of years, which might take away some of Severson's PP time.

terrific story brodeur

i love **** like this

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
oh cmon

just say it

you mean jim as "some fans"

Haha I was a little worried too.

I said I wouldn't go nuclear unless camp started with him unsigned. This is probably the latest we've had an RFA sign before camp in a while. Henrique signed a couple weeks before camp back in 2013, Brian Gionta signed after camp started in 2006 or whatever.

I also seem to remember that junk box Rod Pelley signing like the week of camp one year. That's Rod Pelley though.... like he really mattered at all.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I looked at his contract for curiosity's sake and noticed he's only making $3.5 mil this year.. for some reason the Sabres decided to pay him $12 million in the year his ELC ended.

I had forgotten how much of a clown show that team was back then.

the sabres are and always been a joke

lets be real here

even the hurricanes won a cup before they never have

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

-------------

This just triggered a college memory. Some of my college buddies were taking a computer class. Whatever work they did was submitted on punch cards and returned to them about three days later. And you feel old....hah

Last edited:

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
This just triggered a college memory. Some of my college buddies were talking a computer class. Whatever work they did was submitted on punch cards and returned to them about three days later. And you feel old....hah

Punch cards, LOL! I took a programming course in COBOL and created the program listings on punch cards. The two things I came away with were, always stack the cards together and using a marker draw a diagonal line along the tops so that if you dropped the stack, you could easily put them back together in proper order. The other was god forbid you had a compile error of whatever sort, you'd get the result back the next day and you'd have to correct it and submit the deck again and wait another day.

OLD. :yo:

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Fantastic stuff. Good deal, good term. He's already worth the cap hit.

He and Bob have a good rapport with one another. I wouldn't be surprised if Bob gave him a gimme with this one, as he knows Cordells following is much smaller than his. Bobs a cool dude like that, I feel.

Uh...you been watching a little too much YouTube me thinks.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
He will outgrow this contract by a mile

I look forward to seeing that, hope he does.

Either way I think the contract is great, I feel like it's a "can't lose" proposition for the team moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad