OT: Severe Weather Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
We got a dusting in Merrick roads completely clear.

I hear they’re saying next Tuesday could be ANOTHER storm!

This one would be by far the worst too if it happens because the air mass in place for it will be very cold. These last three events have all had marginal temperature for snow which led to areas near the coast and or outside the heaviest snow bands with little in the way of major accumulation. That won’t be the case next Tuesday if that system indeed becomes a threat here

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
This one would be by far the worst too if it happens because the air mass in place for it will be very cold. These last three events have all had marginal temperature for snow which led to areas near the coast and or outside the heaviest snow bands with little in the way of major accumulation. That won’t be the case next Tuesday if that system indeed becomes a threat here

I appreciate your meteorologic knowledge and will heed your warning.

But, I hate everything you just said.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
far too early to worry about tuesday. i've seen rain, snow, rain/snow and jack squat pumped out by the computer models. it'll also be late march by then so these things become more challenging to actually happen climatologically.

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012

I think we have just found our next General Manager

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Just checked weather.com saw this for Wednesday:

• Periods of snow and windy. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30s. Winds NNE at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 90%. 5 to 8 inches of snow expected. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph.
    • Snow and gusty winds in the evening will taper off and give way to cloudy skies overnight. Low around 30F. Winds NNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 80%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Just checked weather.com saw this for Wednesday:

• Periods of snow and windy. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30s. Winds NNE at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 90%. 5 to 8 inches of snow expected. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph.
    • Snow and gusty winds in the evening will taper off and give way to cloudy skies overnight. Low around 30F. Winds NNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 80%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.

As per Accuweather for out here in Suffolk, near ISP airport:

"Evening snow of varying intensity, up to 1"; mostly cloudy and breezy; storm total 1-2""

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Weather reports down by me say 5-8" on Wednesday. I'm hoping it comes on Tuesday or gets pushed back to Thursday so I don't have to go to work.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Wednesday with more than likely be the main story here. Latest guidance tries to sneak some snow up here tomorrow, but even that isn't a lot. There's going to be a very sharp cutoff on the northern edge of the precip shield tomorrow, and there's a good chance we're north of that on the Island. Still bears watching.

Wednesday, on the other hand, looks very interesting.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Wednesday with more than likely be the main story here. Latest guidance tries to sneak some snow up here tomorrow, but even that isn't a lot. There's going to be a very sharp cutoff on the northern edge of the precip shield tomorrow, and there's a good chance we're north of that on the Island. Still bears watching.

Wednesday, on the other hand, looks very interesting.
Please. No more.

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
I hate all iterations of Snow: flurries, heavy, wet, garth. Bring on Spring please.
20180319_151834.png

Reactions: Ho Sang Clan

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
In the past 24 hours it's gone from a light dusting, to 1-3 inches, to 3-5 inches, to 8-12 inches down here near Philadelphia.

not quite as extreme as that on LI -- but def 1-2" -- local mets on abc -- now saying a 3-6" during the day on Wed -- but uses the caveat as some locations may be more -- yet --- hard to say how much will stick due to "late march sun"...

so.. they just dont know....kinda like our coaching...

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
not quite as extreme as that on LI -- but def 1-2" -- local mets on abc -- now saying a 3-6" during the day on Wed -- but uses the caveat as some locations may be more -- yet --- hard to say how much will stick due to "late march sun"...

so.. they just dont know....kinda like our coaching...

Do the meteorologists yell at the news anchor when they're asked about the weather though?

Reactions: Bones45 and nycole

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Watch out tomorrow afternoon and evening. The models are starting to bring the initial first system further north. It was supposed to mostly miss us to the south

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The models all shifted the storm north, looks like we are getting dumped on tomorrow night. 5-11 inches in Westchester County.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->